• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Here to learn

Herk

Hello, my name is Herk and I'm a FALcoholic...oops, wrong meeting!  Seriously though, I am liking my FAL a lot but I also see the wisdom of having the same manual of arms for my .223 and my .308 so I'm looking into .308 ARs.  My room mate has an Armalite and has had problems with magazines so I'm not sure I want to go that route but other choices I'm not so sure about either.

I hope that you all can school me and get me set up with the right rifle!

-Herk

No problem Herk, we're here to enable any and all gun addictions you may be  living with. Most everyone here has gotten pretty well versed in .308 ARs, and once you've been here a little while, you see the practicality of building your own. Keep us posted on the direction you're wanting to go and you'll get plenty of fantastic suggestions. Welcome to the forums, enjoy!!!

Going from a FAL addiction to an AR...

That's like going from nicotine to pure Colombian. Welcome to a real addiction. Not only will you be provided with the info to feed your fix, but you're surrounded by a bunch of enablers who urge you to keep building.

We don't just build rifles. We help eachother find justification to build a rifle from a pack of roll pins you have laying around, and we share the secrets to hiding new builds from our wives.

Welcome