• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Colt filed for Bankruptcy ?

That article is full of bull$hit.  This is the first stupid statement I read.

In 2013, the Pentagon decided Colt’s M4 rifles weren’t up to snuff and awarded a key $77 million contract to supply the Army with rifles to F.N. Herstal, a weapons-maker based in Belgium. The Belgian guns allow soldiers to fire continuously; the Colt weapon fires in three-round bursts.

The M4 is has the exact same functionality as the M16A2.  Safe/Semi/3-Rd Burst. 

The M4A1 is Safe/Semi/Full Auto.

The writer of that article is too fucking stupid to even research that much.  What a joke of a "newspiece."

M4 went to Regular Army, M4A1 went to SOF Forces, upon weapon introduction.  There was talk awhile ago about giving Regular Army some of the SOF upgrades on the weapon platform, primarily the heavy barrel. 

Edited by 98Z5V

This article says it did  & whats with the 1911 jamming ?  <dontknow>

https://foreignpolicy.com/2015/06/15/why-cops-and-soldiers-fell-out-of-love-with-colt-guns/

BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!   <lmao>

Click the link to that reference, on the jamming.  Click the word "jamming" - it's a link to an ARF thread from 2010...  <laughs>

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_5_49/99382_Why_do_Colt_1911_jam_so_much_for_me_.html

"there is a long record of complaints about the Colt gun jamming.   "

That dumbass author even had his own reference, that he quote, on the differences in the platform.  He just didn't even research his own references before writing the article...

http://kitup.military.com/2013/02/army-awards-m4m4a1-contract-fn.html

Edited by 98Z5V

That article is full of bull$hit.  This is the first stupid statement I read.

The M4 is has the exact same functionality as the M16A2.  Safe/Semi/3-Rd Burst. 

The M4A1 is Safe/Semi/Full Auto.

The writer of that article is too fucking stupid to even research that much.  What a joke of a "newspiece."

M4 went to Regular Army, M4A1 went to SOF Forces, upon weapon introduction.  There was talk awhile ago about giving Regular Army some of the SOF upgrades on the weapon platform, primarily the heavy barrel.

So what's stupid about that statement? Your post isn't clear on what's stupid/BS and what's not because you say a lot of the same things it does (aside from initial introduction, which that statement didn't say anything about).

Colt makes the M4, thus the M4 is Colt's rifle.

The Army did believe the M4 was deficient (hence the whole replacement shenangians they went through...)

The Army did award the contact for new rifles to FN.

The FN M4A1s do have FA instead of Colt's burst in the M4.

Regular Army is issued M4A1s, and is upgrading their Colt M4s currently (with Colt-made M4A1 conversion parts).

Edited by FaRKle!

I'll point it out to you, in a simple manner.

Blanket statement by the idiot that wrote the article - Colt was 3-rd burst.  FN makes them full auto.

I even quoted it.

i think it's funny, you telling me what the Army issued.  When I was issued the M4A1, in 1995.

Based on this statement from you, Fark, I'm not sure YOU know the difference between the two:

The FN M4A1s do have FA instead of Colt's burst in the M4.
Edited by 98Z5V

Think I only fired burst 2 times in 8 years just goofing around. Pointless. I always volunteered for SAW duty anyway.

I still had an A2 when I got out in 04. They were offering M4s to the guys that wanted them, but they were anal about them and didn't seem to care about the "old" M16s. I'll have to build a clone gun eventually.

This is probably a better article on the Colt bankruptcy.  Maybe too much technical BS, but at least the writer knows something about the actual condition of Colt.

Follow down to the bottom of the page, and you can also get an article about the Kraut weapon that apparently sucks due to some fairly shitty plastic used in the construction.  (apparently when this weapon gets a bit warm, shot groups look more like a marginal 12-gauge)

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/06/14/breaking-news-colt-to-file-chapter-11-bankruptcy/

Edited by slugger43

Hey Farkle, this is what the rollmark looks like on the Regular Army M4 Carbines.  The Army firearms just don't start with the "LE" serial number...

Colt-Defense-Roll-Marking.jpg

Look at that rollmark closely - it doesn't say "M4A1" on it...

The SN on my issued M4A1 was W318708.  Still have the weapons card for it. Someone else is probably using that carbine right now, at Fort Lewis.   <thumbsup>

Edited by 98Z5V

Infantry always should have had them, without a doubt.  However, because the M4A1 started going to the infantry, doesn't mean "Regular Army is getting the M4A1."  It would help this discussion if you had a clue as to what you were talking about.  Your confusion is the whole reason it got to this point. 

This is your comment from before, with your link from before - and I did read the article, before I made my comment.

Regular Army is issued M4A1s, and is upgrading their Colt M4s currently (with Colt-made M4A1 conversion parts).

No matter what is what .

I just found it , well not real surprising , but it caught me off guard , Colt in Chapter 11 . I will be willing to bet that they find a way to keep the Company going .

I have never had a problem with Colt 1911's or Gold Cups , the only Pistols I wish I would have kept was the Gold Cups  & my Colt Python , of course <thumbsup>  .