• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Reloading bench

mrraley

Damn Lumber prices are getting up there now a days . Nice looking bench .

I build all my own benches . Mostly from old solid wood doors , the ones with the 2x2's inside & a veneer on the outside , heavy bastards . I now have an old Nurses station that work was tossing ,when I worked there . 

post-11255-0-30601300-1435711347_thumb.j

I used the same plans to build my bench but I increased the size to 36"x96". I did not build the cabinet part when I built the bench itself. I discovered that I should have added a middle leg to the back of the bench. The bench had some movement when reloading and I think that adding a middle leg would have helped with that.

Sometime later I added the cabinet part to the bench. I got 3 96"x15" sections of melamine shelving from lowes. I cut 1 into 4 pieces to make the vertical pieces and screwed it all together. I then added a 4'x8' sheet of peg board to the back. I put strips of plywood on the back of the peg board so that there would be a small space behind the peg board so I could used pegs. The cabinet part is heavy due to the melamine. This has eliminated the movement I had when reloading.

I also added 2 long power strips that sit in front of the cabinet  to provide power if needed. I plan to add some overhead LED lighting to provide better lighting to the whole bench. I also need to make some shelves and get peg board attachments to allow for better storage in the cabinet part.

post-15061-0-06535100-1435935156_thumb.j

• 4 weeks later...

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Fixed it for ya :)

Well kinda had to size it down shits!

Did you crop the bright corner from the window?  I even tried flipping the picture before uploading and it still was upside down.  In any event thanks.  This bench has quite a bit of storage and is sufficiently stable to have 4 presses (Lee single, 2 Lee Classic Turrets, and a Lee Loadmaster) mounted with a bit of room for the case preparation tool and the Lyman powder dispenser plus another scale.  The single stage is a dedicated trimmer station, the Loadmaster is dedicated to 9mm and one of the turrets is dedicated to 45 ACP.  The other turret is for rifle (.223,.308 and 30.06) with three separate turrets so I can switch in seconds.

That's all my stupid phone can do man. It was a poor attempt haha! That's some nice hardwear set up!

My bench is a plywood shelf that I laminated and cluttered with all the minimal bits and peices given to me!

Basically I got 10 square feet in not my garage! Very nice set up!

Hell,its tough to keep the HS-6 in the autodisk when it is right side up. How did you get it turned around? I never had difficulty uploading photos before.  By the way where in north Florida are you located.  We still have a place south of Live Oak that was to be our retirement place but it doesn't look like I will ever retire so we only get there for a week or two a year.

Thank you for the recommendation.

In my 'hooch', she who must be obyed may find this acceptable.

I admit that I do not have a proper man cave ( where I rule).

That harbour freight wood bench looks to be real solid.

Edited by guilliam

St Augustine 

I just down loaded the Photo & turned it in right side up on my MacBook Pro , IPhoto .

What program did you use on your Macbook to do that with, may I ask?  I can't seem to find the right program on this Mac laptop to work photos on to websites at all.  Frustrating as hell.

I understand the situation, the storage racks behind the bench do not contain reloading supplies so this back bedroom is shared space.  The nice thing about this bench  is that it is solid enough to sit in the center of the room so that all sides can be accessed.  The vise on the right side (can't really see it in the picture) is very heavy duty as well.  I just saw an advertisement that the bench is on sale for $139. http://www.harborfreight.com/monthly-ad  

St Augustine 

I just down loaded the Photo & turned it in right side up on my MacBook Pro , IPhoto .

Used to spend some vacation time at an RV park in or just south of St. Augs somewhere along the beach.  The pictures were taken with an iPhone, perhaps they don't play well with Windows.  Live and learn!  Thanks again. <thumbsup>