• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Used, new to me LMT MWS

I like!

With it's 16" CL it out shoots my M1A.

I'm still thinking about getting a 18 inch CL barrel.

For now I'm a happy camper.

I contacted LMT about the 'born date' (they were prompt and courteous) born July 2013.

So that means it's a 2nd generation 'slick side' (I guess).

One thing for sure, it's not easy web-searching information on these rifles.

We LMT fans are a small group.

Anyone put an A2 stock on one?

Thanks.

post-15929-0-49364700-1437684725_thumb.j

Nice Rifle . The 18" Barrel isn't going to do much more for you , the 16" will work just fine. 

Some like a single point some like a two point , I have both , but more two point . Depends on what conditions you are using the rifle for. An A2 stock will require a new Receiver Extension, Buffer & Spring , but I'm not really sure if they use the Armalite system or DPMS or their own , others may know here.

Edited by survivalshop

Nice gun for sure. Like unforgiven said, beachin slings are really nice. Totally adjustable, comfortable, and loaded with 550 cord should the need ever arise. I have 2, and love them. Several of us run them. I'll take a comfy 2pt over any other sling configuration. I run A1 stocks on most of my ARs. Like them a lot. Nice and smooth. I've got a spare A2 stock and tube sitting here if you decide to swap.

I may be off, but I think the mws comes from the factory with a longer than normal buffer tube and a standard AR15 carbine heavy buffer. Swapping it to a A2 stock would just require the rifle tube and a 308 buffer/spring.

Edited by blue109

Anyone put an A2 stock on one?

Thanks.

Brother, you have a reliable gas system on that weapon and one of the best stocks out there.  I would seriously weigh the benefits of having an A2 vs what you have before changing.  One of my duty SASS has an A2 I keep begging for the armorers to consider swapping it to a collapsible stock.  Body armor, winter clothing, etc make the collapsible a much better choice...in this man's opinion

Stain, I have never been a fan of adjustable stocks....but I'm warming up to this one.

I think LMT put a lot of thought into this weapon  and I'm liking it more every day.

A 18 inch barrel may still be in the future....but the dam 16 inch does shoot!

Thanks all.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...