• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

LAR-8 parts suggestion needed

mbjku

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More info would be better, like what stock is currently on the rifle.

For aftermarket charging handles you have one choice: PRI Gas Buster, in your choice two configurations.

The LAR-8 CH is significantly longer than either the DPMS or Armalite pattern CHs.

My stock is cheapo tactical CAR, it will brake my shoulder bones one day, hard as stone ... :) any way I could replace just stock part not pipe etc? maybe any rubber attachment to it to reduce recoil you might suggest? Edited by mbjku

RRA has a butt pad for that stock,goes on with 3 screws.I put it on my LAR-8 Stand Operator,works well and increases lop by about an 1".RRA has a sale going on now.If that's not to you'r likeing get any stock that gose over a commercial tube.Another stock I use is Rodgers Super stock.They also have a softer pad to attach,slip over.I put that on my Aero M5.

RRA has a butt pad for that stock,goes on with 3 screws.I put it on my LAR-8 Stand Operator,works well and increases lop by about an 1".RRA has a sale going on now.If that's not to you'r likeing get any stock that gose over a commercial tube.Another stock I use is Rodgers Super stock.They also have a softer pad to attach,slip over.I put that on my Aero M5.

rra made softer pad is not that easy to install, they said needs tools. what does it mean, which tools? i hope for some clipon type with no screws or gunsmithing.

Edited by mbjku

I see no place to screw anything on my stock, one screw hole only. Picture showing 3, how do you install it? I don't think it is for Lar-8 car stock.

Edited by mbjku

http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=300     This is the stock and this is the pad.Put pad on the stock,has small philipps screws #2 I believe.Grab you'r screw gun and insert 3.It goes into soft plastic,set the clutch on a light setting so as not to strip the screws.Done.Screws hit the outer edge of stock so no issues.If I could do it you can do it.No screwgun drill a hole slightly smaller than screw and put them I with a screwdriver.

Edited by unforgiven

http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=300 This is the stock and this is the pad.Put pad on the stock,has small philipps screws #2 I believe.Grab you'r screw gun and insert 3.It goes into soft plastic,set the clutch on a light setting so as not to strip the screws.Done.Screws hit the outer edge of stock so no issues.If I could do it you can do it.No screwgun drill a hole slightly smaller than screw and put them I with a screwdriver.

Ary you saying that for two top screws I fon't need anything, they are self drilling? Confusing.

#2 is the size of the phillips tip.When I get a chance I'll take mine apart.For the money it's a nice upgrade for Tac stock.This is really an easy operation brother.I think they were like mini drywall screws.It's going into plastic brother.

Thanks, would you mind posting photo? I just order one ...

What kind of work do you do ? Do you have ANY tools ? Have you ever used ANY tools ? I realize not everyone is mechanicaly inclined,but you have chosen a hobby that incorporates a mechanical device,that will at some time need some mechanical adjustment and or repaire.Excuse me for not getting you'r much needed information in a timely manner,as this seems to be of some urgency,I work for a living,and have been working outside in this fukin 90+ temps and have other things on my mind when I come home like a cold shower,a bite to eat and then go to bed and do it over again.The stock is plastic.The 3 screws have a blunt tip so a pilot/starter hole is needed ? Do you have a drill? Do you have drill bits ? Hold the smallest drill bit you have and put it behind the screw.The drill bit should be slightly smaller than the screw,slightly smaller than the blunt end of the screw.Make sure the rifle is unloaded.After you have checked the rifle to make sure it is unloaded,take off the stock.You take off the stock by pulling down on the adjustment lever forcefully till it slids off.Put the stock, in the verticle position,butt end up.Place butt pad on the end of stock till the edges are flush [even] all the way around.You might need some help here...get someone to hold the stock while you drill starter hole with you'r drill and drill bit.You will notice that the screw goes past the pad by about 1/4".Do you have a measuring device ? stick ruler ? Tape ruler ? Drill the hole about this [ - ] much farther.Insert you'r phillips screwdriver on to the phillips screw head and turn to the right.Just enough to snug [ thighten] the pad.Top picture is the pad with 2 screws on the side and one in the bottom hole.Bottom picture is the stock with the piloted holes.If there is something I left out let me know as I am here to help in any way I can,as I have nothing going on and I already ate.You'rs truely.

post-12375-0-60269200-1438391486_thumb.j

post-12375-0-83771600-1438391499_thumb.j

Edited by unforgiven

So I asked you a series of questions and you could not find the time to answer a single one.Yet I had to drop everything to give you a detail response on the most basic of operations,not so much as a thank you.There are streets named after guys like you "one way".Good luck in the future.