• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Nikon P223

i put a P223 on a 20" 6.8 spc and took it to the range today. got it dialed in and it works great on the 6.8 spc. wondering how well it would work on a 308, figure it would work well for awhile but if it would stand up to the pounding?

Lasher   I use the m-308's on two of my 308's and they work fine....I dunno what they changed in the 'p' models...maybe cheaper optics?

should work though... :) Wash

the P was built for the 5.56, that's what the reticule is designed for. but i only care about cross hairs. and likely has lesser lense quality, but Nikon's bad glass is still good glass

The Nikon P-Caliber scopes are the ProStaff scopes - same exact features, hell the exact same scope as the ProStaff, difference being either the caliber-specific BDC reticle, or the calibrated turrets.  The P Series IS the ProStaff.

The M Series is the Monarch line.  IS the Monarch line.

That's the difference.

ProStaff scopes hold up to .308 Winchester, and alot more, heavier calibers, all the time.  Your P-223 BDC reticle, or the calibrated turrets, will be off on the .308AR.  Otherwise, the .308AR isn't going to kill that scope.

EDIT - There is a P-308 out now...

Edited by 98Z5V

The Nikon P-Caliber scopes are the ProStaff scopes - same exact features, hell the exact same scope as the ProStaff, difference being either the caliber-specific BDC reticle, or the calibrated turrets.  The P Series IS the ProStaff.

The M Series is the Monarch line.  IS the Monarch line.

That's the difference.

ProStaff scopes hold up to .308 Winchester, and alot more, heavier calibers, all the time.  Your P-223 BDC reticle, or the calibrated turrets, will be off on the .308AR.  Otherwise, the .308AR isn't going to kill that scope.

EDIT - There is a P-308 out now...

thanks, academy is running the 3x9 on sale now

i have a 3x9 on a 20" 6.8spcII, and the 3x on a 5.56, just ordered one to replace the 3x on the 5.56. the p-308 isn't in stock yet at optics planet,,,and i may change my mind while waiting. took them both to the range yesterday, dialed them in. happy with the results, they'll do what i want them to do once i move the 3x to a carbine length

You didn't even know the difference between the P and M Series scopes.  You thought P was 5.56 shiit, based on what you had.  The P-308 is out in the wild, and available - if you'd look beyond OpticsPlanet.  Here's one more left for you, right now - if you read this.

http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-P-308-4-12x40-BDC800-Riflescope/dp/B00SMX8L8A