• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Good rail for remy 700

To much in which way brother? That's what I have on my 308 ar, I figured I'd just substitute until I got money for the rings.

So if I go with rings will I want to go with the lowest I can go?

Also would it be best to get matching rings to the rail?

Edited by Cali_Ed

Damn, I swear I put this response in there last night...

If you're putting on a PIcatinny rail, then any modern rings will work. The brands don't necessarily have to match.  That Bobro will have the scope too high over the bore centerline - keep it as low as you can get. 

Are you wanting a Rail for any specific purpose other than mounting a set of rings ? They do make large adj. for eye relief . & can have MOA angles for long range , but I've been going towards one piece mounts , like DNZ , they also have MOA angles available & the Price is in line with a set of good rings . Just another thing to look at .

http://www.dnzproducts.com/product/game-reaper-remington-3/

Expansion is real, about a foot on a 300' steam catapult or the same in my jeans in highschool health with the student teacher.

You should get a one-piece base with integral rings, machined from a solid piece of titanium billet.  It may be expensive but it will be worth it.

is the one piece just sturdier and less likely to miss align 

Potential downfall is if you need to remove the scope for any reason now you have to remove the base and not just the rings? Or is it better this way? 

Edited by Cali_Ed

Once the mount is level ,, its level ( if you are talking about the scopes cross hair level , yes , just like any scope that has been removed ) & you can bed it if needed also , as was in your video . You can also lap the ring area , though I have not found a DNZ that has need much yet & I put the DNZ's on most rifles that need a new mount on hunting rifles ,Brownings , Remington's, Savages & with my NEF above . I have had no complaints as of yet . 

You will need , as you said , to have the rings or mount, high enough to clear the scope above the Barrel . Ring height is tricky, no one has the same cheek structure & what may be good for one person , may not work for another . 

Edited by survivalshop

I have Badger Ordnance rings and bases on 3 Rem 700's which include a VTR in 308W, a SPS Tactical in 300WM, & another SPS in 7mmRM.

I run a Vortex Razor 5-20X50, a US Optics ST-10 Fixed 10X, and an IOR Valdada fixed 10X on each set up respectively.

I prefer fixed power optics in most instances for a variety of reasons which are probably outside the scope (pun intended) of this post.

I'd recommend bedding the base whether there is initial fitting play or not, lapping the rings, and tapping for larger 8-40 base set screws, as well as using lock-tite on all the base and ring screws.

Even considering fairly extensive travel, back country hikes, and the magnum chamberings, all 3 have been excellent performers.

https://www.badgerordnance.com

Edited by GreyGoose

• 2 months later...