• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Ares Barrel sale - ends at midnight 9/02/15

guruofhotrod

I saw this add yesterday and was curious that the site says 308 for the product heading, but in the description says it is chambered in 7.62x51.  It is also stamped on the barrel 7.62x51.  Also, the picture looks like the barrel is nitrided, but it is not stated in the description. Anyone have one of these?  Are they safe to use 308?

Ya I didn't see them... I think I will have to hold out for the X-Caliber.

They are not bad tho actually, their prices are going up but I think they are still in the introductory rates, I have two and about to buy a third, and the are in the low-mid $200's.

Awesome quality barrels!

Rob should call them, I bet Dustin just might become a sponsor, he was actually on the same precision rifle podcast Rob was.

They're good guys, decades of experience, small company with great service.

Looks like they still have this barrel on sale and have an additional 20% off with coupon laborday15.  

Dammit I swore no 300 blackouts for me....crap that barrel came to hardly nothing with a gas tube...Hell they payed me to take it off their hands,  so then I went and ordered a rail...gas block....and 100 rounds of ammo......then what happens today? my AC went out in the house....Im fuuuuuked...and HOT     sFi_hammerhead1.gif      Wash

Hey Wash, sorry to hear about the AC. But on the bright side, you'll have a new toy because of the new barrrel.

I haven't jumped into the 300BLK pond yet. I'm sure it's only a matter of time but I'm holding out!!! That's just more ammo of a different type I'd have to purchase...lol

Dammit I swore no 300 blackouts for me....crap that barrel came to hardly nothing with a gas tube...Hell they payed me to take it off their hands,  so then I went and ordered a rail...gas block....and 100 rounds of ammo......then what happens today? my AC went out in the house....Im fuuuuuked...and HOT     sFi_hammerhead1.gif      Wash

You may be hot, but that 300Blk is very cool! Ha.

Sucks man I know heat can be miserable, hope you get that resolved asap!

I'm a cash and carry guy for the most part, but damn if I wouldn't hesitate to use some credit to get the A/C back online! ;-)

Hey Wash, sorry to hear about the AC. But on the bright side, you'll have a new toy because of the new barrrel.

I haven't jumped into the 300BLK pond yet. I'm sure it's only a matter of time but I'm holding out!!! That's just more ammo of a different type I'd have to purchase...lol

Not really, brother - hate, HATE to be the instigator, but...   lmao...

Reload .308 Win, projos on hand.  Reload 5.56 - brass on hand.  All you really need is a set of 300BLK dies, and some powder.  Voila!  300BLK ammo!

I've got an extensive list of steps on converting 5.56 brass to 300BLK brass somewhere in this place...

Not really, brother - hate, HATE to be the instigator, but...   lmao...

Reload .308 Win, projos on hand.  Reload 5.56 - brass on hand.  All you really need is a set of 300BLK dies, and some powder.  Voila!  300BLK ammo!

I've got an extensive list of steps on converting 5.56 brass to 300BLK brass somewhere in this place...

Thanks jerk!!! LMAO

I think my next purchase aside from a rail for the new 11.5" barrel I just bought is going to be one of those Giraud trimmers.