• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

75rd drum

Toolndie7

I've got a Chinese drum magazine that I bought years ago and it has always worked flawlessly. You can load the thing up and twist that key just enough to put a little spring pressure on it and leave it loaded indefinitely, just crank it on up when you're ready to shoot. I keep mine loaded up in the safe like that

I would have thought the opposite.

Funny thing is that the Norinco imitation M1A's are in demand by shooters because of their high quality. Can't get them anymore in the US, only Canada. Also, during the Soviet Afghanistan conflict, the only AK's AKM's and RPK's that the Soviets would reuse if they were captured were the Chinese manufactured ones. The Romanian, Egyptian, etc. Soviet style small arms were all destroyed, but not the Chinese. I don't know if it was because of quality or some other reason, but they are turning out quality stuff, damn them!

I've got a couple, and they've never let me down.  The only thing that aggravates me is how you can't insert a full 75 rds on a closed bolt, and they take FOREVER to load.  But like Hemi said, load 'er up, close that cover, and turn the key 3/4 turn, and she's g2g indefinitely, just turn it the other 9 clicks when you need to use it.

• 5 years later...