• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

The Monolithic .308 Has Arrived...

98Z5V

Yep.  It happened.  Contact Rainier Arms for the pre-orders, because they're the only ones that can get you on a pre-order. 

I'm surprised Drew hasn't mentioned this golden nugget yet...  <dontknow> <laughs>

He's probably all knotted up in a ball, because I'm certain he knew about this - and he's fighting like hell trying to resist the urge...    :o <lmao>

02cd886513fb6c086b238eb2b788d862.jpg

d6c630d4d31ac48675aa742b0d7c6c64.jpg

84d6fc7db78a35febaf19c3df044b0e4.jpg

73b1b8497c94777427e74bd10faa67d1.jpg

I am on two lists.  Sadly, I have to admit, this one will be an SBR.  I'm on another list for another .308 set in the white, once it's a complete upper, lower, and rail - all in the white.  They'll get shipped to US Annodizing for some sexy new clothes.  That one might be a 16", but it may well be another SBR.  I'm so confused...  :o <lmao>

The .338 LM steps back again...  >:( <dontknow>

That's one good looking receiver. On the one hand I'm wishing I had waited and built my carbine with the monolithic rec set. On the other, part of me is glad that I just finished my build. I'd have a hard time dealing with that 1K hit to start a Mega Mono build. Looking forward to seeing the finished builds of the other posters. Anyone know what the weight of the set is and the length of the rail?

I'm confused on the rail length myself - looks like it's between midlength and rifle length.  I'll grab a barrel that's pretty close to the end of it as soon as i have that set in my hands.  I'm positive (almost said "I'm Sure," but I'm not really him...  ;D) that the specs on it will be stated when it's closer to release. 

I almost bit the bullet on a Mega Mono 5.56 setup, but I've got too many 5.56 guns already - like that's possible, right?  <dontknow>  Didn't do one, though.  This one is getting built, though.  SBR style. 

I can probably find out anything you guys need to know  <munch>

THAT is what I was waiting for...  <thumbsup> 

Along with your confirmation that you are indeed on the list.  <lmao>

I know you are, man...  <dontknow> <laughs>

I hope you understand that I'm having a very hard time believing that you could resist this piece of .308 artwork - when I know how bad the 5.56 version injured your self-restraint...  <lmao>

You're being nonchalant about this because you're getting one on T&E, ain't ya?...  <lmao>

98Z5V, looking at Mega's web site it would appear as though the rail length on thier rifle length monolithic upper will work out to be just about 13". Although that method of measurement may not work on a monolithic because it may not end in the same place at the receiver end of the rail as a normal bolt on rail does. Based on my guns, A DPMS rifle length gas block location works out so that a 12.75 bolt on rail is around .1" short of the  back of the rifle length gas block location, so I think the Mega monolithic rifle length upper would work out to around 12.85" rail length. On my Mega carbine, a 14" Noveske rail works out to be even with the back of the threads on the end  of a Noveske 14.5" Afghan barrel. What I'm getting at here is that with the rifle length Monolithic upper you might not be able to go shorter than 13"-13.5" for your SBR without the rail covering the front of the barrel. I'm not sure how short you wanted to make it but if you wanted to go shorter you may have to go with the Mega mid length upper coming out soon.

Imschur,

You say you might be able to get info on these, Any chance you can find out the actual weight of the rifle length upper,lower set? I see that Mega lists 29.8 oz for the upper, and 29.8oz for the MA Ten rec set but don't, as far as I can see, list a weight for the complete Rifle upper/lower set.