• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

My rem aacsd build thread

Cali_Ed

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$25 I'll thread that bolt handle for you, if you cover shipping. I made a jig a while back and have been doing them in the haas lathe for guys at the lgs. I usuall charge them $75 though. 

tempting  :)  was planning on doing it with a Dremell and die.. what state are you in?

You laugh Shepp, These bolt handles are known to be very porous inside. Ive broken into craters big enough to easily stick a pencil tip in. But Ed's will be solid through and through........

I was laughing at him for not taking your offer, A your screen name is tool and die B I've seen your work. If you offered to do work for me at 1/3 of what you charge others plus shipping I'd be all over it like a fat kid on cake. Especially at 25$ plus shipping, I understand times are tight for some but this it's a hobby to cheap out on. And I thought your offer was very gracious. 

I was laughing at him for not taking your offer, A your screen name is tool and die B I've seen your work. If you offered to do work for me at 1/3 of what you charge others plus shipping I'd be all over it like a fat kid on cake. Especially at 25$ plus shipping, I understand times are tight for some but this it's a hobby to cheap out on. And I thought your offer was very gracious. 

Thanks Shepp. I was laughing at the JB weld option because even with a $30k lathe we may have to JB weld a porous crater anyway lol.  Not really but its a crap shoot until you actually get it down to the finish thread. I wish I kept the pics of what Ive seen so far.

awesome, thanks again for offering your services sir :) highly appreciate  it. Let me know what they want to insure it and I'll compensate you for it.

USPS priority the first 50 is included in the price then it's like 3$ every 50 more I just bumped one up to 100$ and it was 2.85$ extra