• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Dumbasses

planeflyer21

This happened at that wonderful Casa Grande public range we attend every so often.

http://www.12news.com/story/news/local/valley/2015/11/30/girl-shooting-range-accident-recovery/76576112/

My cynical yet experienced and educated guess is this:  the man shot a few rounds out of his latest pistol, a short-reset striker-fired semi-automatic.  He reloaded it, chambering a round, in preparation for having it “ready for action” upon return to his glovebox or bedside table.  

Having (sloppily) handled D/A revolvers most of his life, he lifted the holster in one hand with its length aligned with the firing line and then, holding the pistol perpendicular to “muzzle down range”, jammed the pistol into the new holster with his finger on the trigger…negligently and recklessly endangering everybody to his side.

• 3 weeks later...

That is why once again I am a fan of the Xdm.When reholstering the loaded pistol I put my thumb on the striker pin so if the trigger is actuated the grip safety is not actuated.

Yeah, but you gotta remember,  "Some dumb asses can fouck up a wet dream!"