• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Bass Pro Shops Got Me Again

imschur

A few weeks ago I bought a new spinning reel, a Shimano Sustain FE 2500. It was a bit pricey but hey Im worth it. My plan was to use the reel with my favorite G Loomis rod. Well yesterday I get an email from Bass Pro that their 6 pay plan special is ending  April 5. I decided just to give the rods a once over online. Well you all know what happened next. It was 2am and I ordered a St Croix Legend Elite for about $330 delivered.

Same thing happens to me every time I visit Cabela's - ANY Cabela's...  <lmao>

I start browsing the ammo section with a handbasket, then realize that's stupid, and pick up the dry storage can.  Then it's cans.  Then it's cans in a push cart...

If I ever saw cases upon cases of Mk262, I'd sell my truck in the parking lot, buy all that ammo and backpacks, then start walking home...  <laughs> <thumbsup>

• 10 months later...

You'all have spent way too much time in the sun, or your smokin' the stink bait again. You spent $300 on a fishin' pole!!! You could have spent that money on something really useful like a digital powder dispenser.

luckly the st chroix factory was directly next to the motel i used to stay in where i deer hunt and now that we stay at a cabin its about 20 min away. i have never had to spent 300$ on a rod due to the scracth and dent bin, but its hard to find a good reel too put on that good rod then LOL