• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

a .50 BMG for under $1000

That's very tempting at that price, but it just makes me wonder.  Aren't there still Maadi-Griffin plans floating around out there?  I've heard of MOA capable home-built .50's built off those plans for $500 or less, but have yet to meet someone who actually did it.

Well, part of that is the whole barrel question. That barrel on it is the same as on their semi, so safe guess is it's a $400+ barrel alone. you'd need to be a machinist with a lathe able to deal with a 30" blank to be able to build the maadi griffin for under $500

Am I to understand that you load a 50 cal. cartridge into the chamber & screw a cap on it , to contain it ? May be I'm to careful & I know some Muzzle loader rifle use a Breach Plug , but I find it kinda scary .

It is a bit freakish, but that is also how old canons used to work too. What I like about the idea is that it will force me to shoot slow enough to not blow my bankroll on ammo in the first 5 minutes :D

Well, part of that is the whole barrel question. That barrel on it is the same as on their semi, so safe guess is it's a $400+ barrel alone. you'd need to be a machinist with a lathe able to deal with a 30" blank to be able to build the maadi griffin for under $500

It is a bit freakish, but that is also how old canons used to work too. What I like about the idea is that it will force me to shoot slow enough to not blow my bankroll on ammo in the first 5 minutes :D

that was my thought too

Ya , I remember them guys walk back ten feet to set them off too .?