• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

The latest addition arrived today...

98Z5V

So its just about the throw distance , less travel  meaning quicker off safety & fire ?

100% correct.  <thumbsup>  Very easy to set back on Safe, too, with the top of the trigger finger.  Just sweep the top of the firing hand back, and it's on Safe again. 

• 1 month later...

Finished version of this gun - it's complete now, after mounting the light today.  Changes made from the last pics are:  Midwest Industries T-10 FDE rail, Surefire Executive Defender light in a VLTOR mount - believe it or not, it's damn hard to find a mount for a 3/4" light...  <dontknow>

Finishedbillet1.jpg

Finishedbillet2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I see that AR 15.com is now selling these lowers stripped. I'm tempted to go for one, but unfortunately they're marked 5.56 and not multi and so don't work with what I'm considering for my next project. Good looking lower though.  If I had the extra cash, I'd buy one, just to put in the draw for some, as of now,unknown future build.  Maybe I'll tell the wife I want one for Christmas.

I see that AR 15.com is now selling these lowers stripped. I'm tempted to go for one, but unfortunately they're marked 5.56 and not multi and so don't work with what I'm considering for my next project. Good looking lower though.  If I had the extra cash, I'd buy one, just to put in the draw for some, as of now,unknown future build.  Maybe I'll tell the wife I want one for Christmas.

Brother, if you're going for something that's going to require an ATF Tax Stamp, then talk to me.  You can turn a 5.56 marked lower into a Tax Stamp -other caliber rifle.  There are things that you need to do, but the long-term issue is whether you're going to keep it "forever."  Bring it up, man.  Mine will be a 300BLK SBR, and that's legally.  <thumbsup>

Unfortunately, Where I presently live, SBR's and suppressor's  are not an option. I've been giving some thought to the idea of looking into a second place, in FL. but I'm not sure how that works as far as going for a SBR using an address that is not your primary residence.

I should clarify the point that I'm not suggesting using one address to legally apply for the tax stamp for a SBR and then using it in a different state, I was just wondering what the BATF position is on having a legal SBR in a state where you have a vacation home, and only storing and using it in that state. Anyone know if your required to have the SBR registered in the state where your primary residence is?

I don't know how the BATFE would view that.  I'm not sure if they'd approve or disapprove.  I don't think you can legally have two driver's licenses, one from each state, active at the same time - in that event, your primary residence would be what's listed on your driver's license, which is your declared state of residency.  <dontknow>

This instance described here may very well be a good reason to write a letter to the BATFE Firearms Technology Branch.

• 2 months later...

Looks great! I think that the DD Lite rails are among the best available. I have one on my 5.56 carbine, and would like to use one on one of my .308's but always seem to find that the available lengths aren't ideal for the barrel/gas system I've selected. Just out of curiosity, Why the RIS and not the Lite, You planning to mount a grenade launcher?

Haha!  I went with the RIS for several reasons - the Lite 10.0 and the Lite 9.0 only come in black, and I wanted the dark earth.  The price I got this for put it more than  $100 under the MSRP of the two Lite rails, also.  Finally, I can hang a granade launcher off this baby...  :o <thumbsup>