• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

The latest addition arrived today...

98Z5V

So, initially, this would be the base for a 300BLK build.  Don't think I'll do that now, since it's caliber marked, unless I can have it engraved without messing it up.  Gotta figure out what I'm going to do.

AR15.com licensed the design from MagPul, so aside from markings, this is the exact design of the infamous MagPul lower.  <thumbsup>

Once again, FDE FTW.  <laughs>

ARFCOMLower1.jpg

ARFCOMLower2.jpg

ARFCOMLower3.jpg

ARFCOMLower4.jpg

Do you need a Samson FFHG or an Adams Piston kit?  <munch>

I'm seriously thinking about it - both!  Now!  <dontknow> ;D

I've got something in my mind - 14.5" barrel with a pinned Phantom 5C1, 10" FDE float tube, mini red dot, all on a Rainier Arms billet upper receiver.  I need to see if that float tube and upper will be compatible with the piston kit.  If the tube doesn't work, but the upper does, then I can always Duracoat a Samson rail...  <laughs>

I damaged myself with this one - I had no idea anything like this was coming.  Basically, it's the MagPul lower coming from a credible source, and it was announced publicly one week after I dropped $1,200 on a new Kimber .45.  :o  Damn my luck, but damn my desire even more.  If I coulda predicted the future, I still don't know what I would have done, but right now I'm ordering up some kickass upper receiver parts that should compliment this lower very well...  <thumbsup>

I need to find out what kind of super-secret plan Drew has for this lottery-winning thing he's been cooking up.  I really need it right now...  <lmao>

EDIT - everything officially on order now except for the free float - gotta wait until Monday morning to call that one in, and get my discount.  It should all be here be the end of next week, and get shot that following Sunday.  <thumbsup>

I should see some parts tomorrow afternoon, if the tracking info is accurate and predictable (USPS for all this stuff, somehow).  I'll start putting up pieced-together pics as soon as parts arrive.  It's getting shot next Sunday, come hell or high water.  If I can wait that long.  :o <lmao>

On another note, I HATE ordering a part that shows as "In Stock," then receiving a damn email saying the part is backordered.  That gets my blood pressure up.  >:(

That CTR stock is growing on me.

I'm a big fan of them.  I've got two now, but I've also got two MOE stocks.  Honestly, both those MOE stocks are on quality milspec receiver extensions, and they're just as good as the CTRs.  There's very, very little wiggle in them.  Not even enough to worry about.  Far less than a military issued Colt collapsible carbine stock, really.  You can't go wrong with either one of them.  <thumbsup>

Here's my status right now - I ordered everything Friday night.  Monday afternoon I received the Rainier Arms Billet Ultramatch upper receiver, Rainier Arms Thunderbolt BCG, and BCM Gunfighter large latch CH.  In another box I received the American Defense Q/R mount for a mini red dot, along with the Primary Arms sight.  This is the second PA mini red dot sight I've got, and I love it.  I'm still trying to figure out how companies from east Texas and Washington state can ship me parts faster than a company in San Diego, considering my location.  I'm waiting on the barrel still, and those clowns said they had my gas block in stock and didn't.  I re-ordered that from someone else a little more reputable, and ordered the rail on Monday.  I'll bet the rail beats the barrel here.  <dontknow>

The Rainier billet upper is a great match for this lower.  Damn near a perfect match.  The Rainier-branded BCG is made for them by Denny's Guns, and it's a full milspec-followed piece of kit.  I foresee absolutely no problems from it at all.

ARFCOMBillet6.jpg

ARFCOMBillet7.jpg

Nothing like the first test fire , the anticipation gets you all worked up. <thumbsup>

What's with the 45 deg. safty , is the receiver made that way or just the safty or both ?

I know it, man!  This weapon shoots like a dream.  That S3G trigger is a work of art.  <thumbsup>  It's a 14.5" carbine gas system with a standard buffer, so I'm going to try an H1 and H2 buffer in it and see how that changes things.  Even as it is, it's smooth. 

Right now, that lower has it's Fire marking at 68 degrees, instead of the typical 90 degrees for Fire - it's specifically marked to use this 45 degree throw safety.  It's marked there so it will be compatible with both 45 and 90 degree safeties.  Since the lower is a full-built unit, and that's the only way you can get it right now, the only choice you have for the safety lever is no choice really - it ships with the 45 degree. From what's been advertised, this lower is the only one in production with the markings like that, but that will probably change soon - others will pick up on this and mark their lowers similarly, I'm thinking.

The safety is what makes the throw, and it'a compatible with any standard lower out there.  You can add it to any rifle you have that takes the standard 90 degree safety lever.  I picked up one of the very first 90 degree units available when they first came out (Battle Arms Development), and did a writeup here:

http://308ar.com/forum/index.php/topic,391.msg5819.html#msg5819

I'm not kidding when I say a safety setup can make a difference.  I wouldn't have believed it myself, before I bought the original version.  It's just that much better.  The 45 degree throw is that much better than the original.

I'll tell you guys this - if you buy this lever setup and don't like it, I'll buy it from you - you'll be out nothing that way, and I'll even pay for the shipping to me.  I need about 7 more of them anyway.  <thumbsup>

Make me happy.  ;D <laughs>

Here's what I brought to the table this weekend.  All the short guns, plus two Kimber .45 pistols, and the Moss 930SPX shottie.  No distance guns in the mix this time.  Whoda thunk the SPX could be used as a skeet gun?...  <lmao> <munch>

post-71-136297266063_thumb.jpg

Your teasing us with that distant picture, how about something a little closer!!!!!!

I was thinking about trying one of those (expensive) selectors, but I'm worried that if I like it, I'll be dissatisfied with the ones in all my other guns.

Your teasing us with that distant picture, how about something a little closer!!!!!!

I was thinking about trying one of those (expensive) selectors, but I'm worried that if I like it, I'll be dissatisfied with the ones in all my other guns.

<laughs>

I guess you're right - that was mean of me.  You can see them a little better on the table here.  Well, if you look closely.  <laughs>

This is some "improvised stabilization" of a front-heavy gun.  16" bull barrel, with a heavy suppressor.

2011-05-01_12-48-02_203.jpg

Now ^^^, that's my buddy's wife.  She's only been shooting a couple times, but she catches on quick.  Girl can shoot!  She's got her own SIG Mosquito on the way, but she doesn't know it yet.  ;D

Her little sister on the Beretta PX4 Storm:

2011-05-01_12-40-46_477.jpg

Same little sister on the 14.5" gun.  She didn't want to shoot this, but did anyway.  It went downhill from there, mag after mag.  :o

2011-05-01_12-51-41_877.jpg

Me, breaking in the new gun.  This trigger is gonna cost me more money.  I'll buy more of them.

2011-05-01_13-05-57_649.jpg

Closing pic.  Two is one, and one is none...  ;D

2011-05-01_14-05-47_459.jpg