• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

DPMS 18" SASS Build

maxgusmc

• 2 weeks later...

Shot a friend's .223 with the Jp adjustable on it last weekend and decided I already want to upgrade my rifle that's on order, but have a few questions in summary.

The rifle I ordered is a custom build LR-308-B, which makes it .308 chamber, 18", fluted, threaded. I would assume that's technically the same as the SASS.

Is the fitment issue with the barrel, or the handguard?

JP lists the size of their adjustable gb at .936" bore and DPMS lists the same on their build page.

So is there a fitment/function issue or not anymore?

EDIT: Ok, so I understand why it shouldn't fit the barrel, but apparently it does work?

Shot a friend's .223 with the JP adjustable on it last weekend and decided I already want to upgrade my rifle that's on order, but have a few questions in summary.

The rifle I ordered is a custom build LR-308-B, which makes it .308 chamber, 18", fluted, threaded. I would assume that's technically the same as the SASS.

Is the fitment issue with the barrel, or the handguard?

JP lists the size of their adjustable GB at .936" bore and DPMS lists the same on their build page.

So is there a fitment/function issue or not anymore?

EDIT: OK, so I understand why it shouldn't fit the barrel, but apparently it does work?

You shouldn't have any fit-up issues unless you are intending the free float tube to pass over the JP railed adjustable gas block.  In that case, I'd elect to go with the JP Low Profile adjustable gas block.