• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Ibis Ripley on the way

imschur

One of the most important people in my life just happens to own a bike shop. Back in December wheels were put in motion to build a bike from the ground up based on an Ibis Ripley frame. I sold my Jekyll to near what I paid for it. Im recycling the Chris King based wheels from my Rumblefish. Most of the bike will be Shimano XT based. We held out a bit on the hardware to see what the new year would bring. Going to run the same shocks Ibis would supply. Probably a 2x11 XT drive. Im really excited. The picture below is pretty much what it looks like except the wheels. We joked about using the XT Di2. I love the Di2 on my road bike, Ill never go back. The expense and risk for the MTB stuff is over the top even at dealer cost.

When i bought the Trek Rumblefish Elite I really thought it would be my last mountain bike. Never thought I would get back to this level at my age, 50 in July. I should have the new bike very soon

New-Ripley7.jpg