• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

slings for hunting

6 hours ago, WA whitetail hunter said:

I might just have to order one up and give it a try

I've got one of his single point slings, granted I haven't used it hunting or long distance yet. But it's softer in the shoulders than the magpul single point

3 hours ago, survivalshop said:

I use Beachin's slings hunting in Ohio , both with a SlugGun & a 45-70 & the work great . I carrie both slug across the body ( Muzzle up , on my back  ) & on the Shoulder & they stay as good as any other sling I have & just as comfortable . 

Could this maybe supposed to read: I carry both slung across the body ( Muzzle up , on my back  ) & on the Shoulder?

I use a Beachin' sling and it works well for me on my mini 14 with an original Ruger wood stock or a pre banChoate folding stock. I haven't needed to carry the DPMS LR 308 slung yet, but will.

4 hours ago, mrmackc said:

Could this maybe supposed to read: I carry both slung across the body ( Muzzle up , on my back  ) & on the Shoulder?

I use a Beachin' sling and it works well for me on my mini 14 with an original Ruger wood stock or a pre banChoate folding stock. I haven't needed to carry the DPMS LR 308 slung yet, but will.

Yes , it should have read slung . I type too fast sometimes , so excuse my miss print .