• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

308AR upper receiver

bubbas4570

Completely smooth sided, like the old style dpms uppers.  No forward assist sticking out the side.

Ala, the Oracle style, if I am not mistaken.

I am having my local 'smith put a side charger handle on my 308AR,  and finding a smooth side upper would save him lathe time, and me money.  

And I know I can find new ones out there from manufacturers, but wanted to check with you guys to see if anyone had one laying around that needed a home.

I have one on a DPMS Lower & works real well , mates up like it was made for it ,the Pivot & Disassembly pins come with it  , the DPMS pins from my Lower would not work in their Upper , tight fit .

They are about an hour & a half away from me , I go there to pick stuff up when they have it ,Convenient .

Edited by survivalshop

• 2 weeks later...

You're looking for the DPMS Gen I "sporting/hunting" style upper. After speaking with them while looking for a rifle-length handguard, they're not making ANY more parts for the Gen I rifles. Doubt you'll have luck going to them for the upper.

Hopefully someone has one just lying around...