• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Its hot

bgc

Tactical or real people camo?

I'm not going to be a big help, but I'll give my opinion of what I use. I own a bunch of Remington mossy oak stuff. It matched up well here in Northern Calif. Lightweight, and breathes well. It also holds together nicely. Not much wear and tear after about 5 years. Only gripe is that it fades pretty quick. I mostly just wear the camo button up shirt and some blue jeans, but I have the whole set just in case.

Best part of it all... Comes no where near breaking the bank. Saves me money for my other toys  <thumbsup>

Thanks, opinions are what I'm looking for. I am looking for anything that works real people or tactical. Where did you buy the Remington camo?

Yesterday it was 95 degrees and high humidity here in central Ohio. Sitting in a heavily treed valley, it gets really uncomfortable.

Anyone have a good source for ordering military clothing?

I've been to Ranger Joe's and U.S Calvary's web sites.

Tell me what you're looking for specifically, and I might be able to help out with something.  <thumbsup>

I'm looking for ripstop,light weight BDU'S (or equivalent) in woodland or deciduous forest colors.

I went out in the hills of southern Ohio for 7 hours today, upper 80's, high humidity, and NO WIND. I did have some forethought and froze several bottles of water. I then place the bottles in the magazine pouches, kept me a bit cooler.

post-750-136297266206_thumb.jpg

Fire up some research on the military issued sizes, and I'll grab some woodland rip-stops for you.

There's XS, S, M, L, XL on the normal sizes, but then there's length added into those sizes, too. Short, Regular, Long, then the crazy stuff.  I never did meet anyone that had a set of XL, XS (Extra Large, Extra Short) uniforms, though...  <laughs>

I used to wear Medium Regular tops, but switched them all out to Large Short to keep the sleeve length the same, but give more "breathability" in the roomier top.  Things to think about...  <thumbsup>

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...