• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Lil blackie

Hi Guys    After a false start last Saturday lil blackie is gtg!

she's a mega with a dpms sass 18" barrel,dpms chrome bolt,rr nm match trigger,troy extreme rail,tubbs spring,dpms buffer,a2 stock for now,and a nikon 6x18x40 scope... the target pic is last twenty rds of german dag 762....shoots low and right compared to the federal 180gr power shok....lil blackie likes the 180 grain fed 308 stuff much better!

in my false start last Saturday privi 150 gr was  causing probs....no more privi for lil blackie!      :) Wash

post-692-136297266199_thumb.jpg

post-692-136297266201_thumb.jpg

post-692-136297266203_thumb.jpg

...so went to the gunshow today...

That says it all, right there.  <laughs> 

When I was living in VA with the Little Woman, I built myself a "workshop" out back - very well separated from the main structure of the house.  It was extensive, and quite well appointed, I must say.  I did that on purpose...  <thumbsup>

After local gunshows there, I spent many a night in the "workshop..."    <lmao>

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Nice rifle. 

How do you like the P.E.P.R. mount?  I'm thinking of getting one for my AR-15.  Is it heavy?

Also I notice your muzzle brake is turned 90 degrees.  What's the benifit there?

Hi Shaggy!  The pepr mount is great...puts the scope at right height...doesnt weight much very well built.....the muzzle brake wasnt "timed"  when pic was taken...lol  the three holes on left side are now 90 degrees as they should be...good eye!

Thanks for the info on the mount.  I see they get good reviews, but haven't read anything on their weight.  I currently use the Burris Xtreme rings & do like them, but they are a little on the heavy side.  Made me think the P.E.P.R. would be even heavier, do to the extra material.