• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Warne Ramp Mount

Preacher

Anyone familiar with these? I'm contemplating putting one on my .308 build, for the purpose of running a 45-degree backup red-dot; something like the Burris Fastfire (why? Because of deer drives and -100 yard running shots). Anywho, any input on reliability/functionality is appreciated! 

WSMRAMP.JPG

Had one. Think I sold it to Magwa with a scope? I liked it. You can remove the "ramp" you aren't using. Only issue I ran into was the windage knob obscured about 1/3 of the window of the RDS. it was still totally usable and I'm sure you will get different results depending on the optics you choose.

• 8 months later...
On 4/17/2017 at 10:25 PM, 392heminut said:

Those mounts are very popular with the '3 gun' crowd and those folks can be some picky MF'ers!

I shoot 3gun and didn't like this mount s much. As the other poster said, the windage knob obstructed much of the red dot window. Currently use a Warne extended skeletonized mount and a Daniel Defense offset red dot mount. The DD mount puts the dot at a slightly lower position so my red cleared the turrets of my scope. 

If I used a different scope, it may not have been an issue. I was using a Vortex Viper PST 2.5-10x32 FFP scope. The windage turrets on that scope stick out pretty far. But recently picked up a Burris XRTII 1.5-8 duel focal plane scope. The Vortex is now going to go on the 308 AR I am building. 

28 minutes ago, 392heminut said:

Most 3 gunners are using a 1-4, 1-6  or 1-8 scope, that 2.5-10 is a big scope for 3 gun! Semper Fi devildog!:thumbup:

I shoot Open Division which allows me to have a scope and an offset red dot. I have been running higher powered optic for a while. A couple of the big name sponsored shooters have been as well. Many are starting to see the advantage on some of the longer stages. We don't need 1 power like the other divisions do. 

16 hours ago, Tuflehundon said:

Currently use a Warne extended skeletonized mount

I want to try one of those & have been looking , just not sure it will bring the scope high enough for my Cheek weld . Its measurement is 1.4" center of Scope from Rail , I use extra high rings on all my AR's  , which works out to 1.5" & don't want to put $$ into a mount that won't work for me .

It sounds like that 1/10" is not much of a deal , but spending time looking for a sight picture , is not to my liking . 

13 hours ago, survivalshop said:

I want to try one of those & have been looking , just not sure it will bring the scope high enough for my Cheek weld . Its measurement is 1.4" center of Scope from Rail , I use extra high rings on all my AR's  , which works out to 1.5" & don't want to put $$ into a mount that won't work for me .

It sounds like that 1/10" is not much of a deal , but spending time looking for a sight picture , is not to my liking . 

Honestly depends on the person. Using that height of a mount, I have the cheek riser on my PRS stock up a few clicks to get me were I want to be.