• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

DPMS high profile pattern manufacturers

buttonbuck

I know a couple of you on here are the ever updated 'google' on compatibility of uppers/lowers.  I have a DPMS high profile patterned upper I am going to sell and want to know who makes compatible lowers w/o having to make any mods.  I know PWS is a direct fit I've been shooting my buddies PWS upper on the lower I have currently runs like a champ.....gotta be others.  That said I'm keeping my lower it's set up beautifully for me and I have a new PWS upper on the way.  Thanks guys

Any DPMS/Remington/SR25/LR308 compatible lower will do, not just those that have been mentioned here.

Bottom line: If the upper edge of the lower at the rear (between the FCG and receiver extension) has a curve or radius, rather than an angle (like an Armalite), it's probably DPMS compatible.

4 minutes ago, COBrien said:

Any DPMS/Remington/SR25/LR308 compatible lower will do, not just those that have been mentioned here.

Bottom line: If the upper edge of the lower at the rear (between the FCG and receiver extension) has a curve or radius, rather than an angle (like an Armalite), it's probably DPMS compatible.

So as far as functionality there is no worry b/t low profile and high profile DPMS patterns?  It's purely cosmetic?   Thanks

Edited by buttonbuck

32 minutes ago, COBrien said:

Careful, not exactly the bottom line, there are exceptions to even that "rule ". 

5 hours ago, buttonbuck said:

I know a couple of you on here are the ever updated 'google' on compatibility of uppers/lowers.  I have a DPMS high profile patterned upper I am going to sell and want to know who makes compatible lowers w/o having to make any mods.  I know PWS is a direct fit I've been shooting my buddies PWS upper on the lower I have currently runs like a champ.....gotta be others.  That said I'm keeping my lower it's set up beautifully for me and I have a new PWS upper on the way.  Thanks guys

If your selling the Upper , why buy a Lower ?   Just sell the Upper , is it a complete Upper with Barrel < HG & BCG ?   Photos ?

The Lower has nothing to do with the Rail height of the Upper/HG , as long as its is DPMS compatible . Now saying that , I have seen some Receivers that don't play well together from different manufacturers .

DPMS , Fulton Armory , Tactical Machining ( I know these because I have them or used them ) & I believe Aero will work .

2 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

Careful, not exactly the bottom line, there are exceptions to even that "rule ". 

True. That's why I said 'probably DPMS compatible.'

2 hours ago, buttonbuck said:

So as far as functionality there is no worry b/t low profile and high profile DPMS patterns?  It's purely cosmetic?   Thanks

As survivalshop posted, the profile of the upper has nothing to do with the lower it's compatible with.

DPMS High, DPMS Low, and DPMS "High Rise" are simply terms used to describe the height of the rail above the bore. This DOES make a difference if a person is wanting to run a railed handguard, railed gas block, or FSB.

DPMS Low is AR-15 height.

DPMS High is slightly higher.

DPMS "High Rise" is ridiculous (I own one...), and really only intended for optics.

Edited by COBrien

Just now, COBrien said:

True. That's why I said 'probably DPMS compatible.'

As survivalshop posted, the profile of the upper has nothing to do with the lower it's compatible with.

DPMS High, DPMS Low, and DPMS "High Rise" are simply terms used to describe the height of the rail above the bore.

perfect thanks!

2 hours ago, buttonbuck said:

I'm not buying a lower I'm keeping mine.  I have received about half a dozen emails on my armslist ad asking what lowers are compatible with my upper for sale.  

Just tell them it's "DPMS LR-308-pattern compatible."  If they don't know what it'll fit, why are they looking at it to buy it anyway?  Let them use something that doesn't work, if they're not willing to research it themselves.

Oh, I forgot - they'll end up here after they buy it, wondering why they can't get it to work...