• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Effect of Oil & Primers

survivalshop

I use this , there is a bottle like nail polish with a brush attached to the cap . I just brush over the Primer & with a paper towel , wipe the excess off , same with the bullet to case interface . Takes couple seconds to do . I also have sealed Ball ammo in storage , but I have a lot of reloaded ammo that I cycle through . I'll take a photo & post it , its hard to tell its sealed , unless you look real good . 

Its more for moisture for me , not too worried about oil .

5a6c6b5440eda_primersealer.jpg.9521d64c85806af5d712be346b58f663.jpg

Seals the primer-to-primer-pocket joint to produce a tough, waterproof barrier that keeps moisture out of your bullet’s powder to help prevent misfires. Fast drying, easy to apply to any loaded ammunition. Greatly extends the storage life of your cartridges, even under adverse, highhumidity conditions. Withstands up to 30 days of total water submersion. The ½ oz. bottle contains enough sealer to treat approximately 1,000 rounds. Won’t affect muzzle pressure, velocity, or accuracy. Comes with instructions and applicator.

I took some shity photo's , but you can get the idea & I put more on then I normally do to show how this stuff fills .

left is Green tip (M855 ? ), right is M193 55 gr., you can barely see any sealant ( red ) in the Primer on the right .

DSCN3139.thumb.JPG.04b8fee01cf30aa891283ec69bb3480d.JPG

My reload with CCI Primer , I test all my primer Pockets with my RCBS Primer Pocket Uniformer , if its not snug , its scraped .

DSCN3140.thumb.JPG.d76ad930eabff0f7422c94e56869b4a7.JPG

With sealant applied ( I over did my normal amount to show it better.

DSCN3141.thumb.JPG.3b6c68ffddddc0d71b3b7f2782ae2fbe.JPG

Wiped off excess with folded Paper towel .

DSCN3142.thumb.JPG.34a9c4cd7891c7ae319d1ed69a8596f1.JPG

Bullet to Case application .

DSCN3143.thumb.JPG.80b424f252f50ed0b9b8cad8248a658e.JPG

Cleaned off excess .

DSCN3144.thumb.JPG.8ae69a75e35b0916c87be093cb5b7d78.JPG

How it comes in the littler canister 

DSCN3145.thumb.JPG.90880377935d8d9c8c1dcdf18174fbeb.JPG

Just like Nail Polish .

DSCN3146.thumb.JPG.1576fdc75b0d85c44440ec8c27b4ac86.JPG

5 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

Thanks for the info. I usually shoot my reloads fairly soon but I can see some good applications for this extra step. Bet it is even more important in your climate!

Any climate , or if your reloading room or ammo stored in the basement floods , for one reason or another . :thumbup:

8 hours ago, sketch said:

thanks brother brownells seemed to be the cheepest, any color you like better? or is it just a color thing? green is the one ive seen most frequently..

What ever color you like .

Some comments I read say you don't need to apply this , well to those who say its not needed ,OK don't use it . I keep most of my Ammo in 50 cal. ammo cans , some are not , The Cans seal real good , but some are old & just how long will an old seal hold up in a polluted water environment , if a flood or backed up water in a basement . 

Some say they have hunted for a long time & their factory ammo never failed them , well thats OK , but if your firearm fails shooting at a Game animal , it sucks , but your life may not depend on it & it only takes one misfire .Speaking of that , I had , if you 'all remember , some 9mm with Remington Primers , that some how got contaminated & had a large % of misfires . Using this product or one like it , might have prevented it .

Then some were saying if your not Scuba Diving , you don't need it , well I am Scuba Certified & ya never know what you may need to do in a Survival situation ," prepare for the worst & hope for the best ."

A little extra time , for piece of mind . 

6 hours ago, survivalshop said:

Then some were saying if your not Scuba Diving , you don't need it , well I am Scuba Certified & ya never know what you may need to do in a Survival situation ," prepare for the worst & hope for the best ."

A little extra time , for piece of mind . 

Swimming with a gun sucks.  I can tell you that from firsthand experience.  It just sucks.

5 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Swimming with a gun sucks.  I can tell you that from firsthand experience.  It just sucks.

Amen Brother! There is just no good place to hang it or hold it. They had to break the ice on the pool for my RIP swim test, added a little extra stress for us! Can't imagine doing it for more than a few laps, thankfully I missed out on the longer stuff that came later.

Edited by jtallen83