• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

My birthday haul 2011

imschur

First off we never celebrate my birthday on the actually day because it happens to also be the anniversary of the worst day of my life to date. So instead we tend to just use the second Sunday in July. Also around here we turn my birthday into a grand event the "12 days of drews birtday". It's actually turned into a neighborhood event almost a block party with shishkabob and ice cream cake.

So last night was day 2 of the grand holiday and the little woman showered me with some cool shooting gifts. I give her a lot of credit for taking her time, keeping notes and really going out on a limb getting me stuff. It's also funny to note she's bought me funny parts and halves of things because she doesnt always understand how things work or that they need other parts. Two examples would be she bought me a pedal for switching channels on a guitar amp that I did not own. I did the only thing I could do. I bought the amp to go with the pedal. Last year she bought me a Troy Front Battle Sight. While technically nothing wrong with that but you know I had to by the mating rear sight.

Anyhow she went a little crazy this year and bought me some fun stuff.

1. GG&G Standard Duty Bipod

2. 3#Timney AR-15 Trigger

3. Wilson Combat .300AAC Barrel and Hooded Sweatshirt

4. One of those fancy Brownells Magna Tip Screwdriver sets

5. S&W K frame trigger spring kit

There was naturally clothing, a new wallet and some fishing stuff.

Coolest gift was from the dog toby. It's an electronic bug zapper thats shaped like a small tennis racket. This thing is a blast. I was dumpster diving looking for bugs to fry

Yes, Happy Birthday. Now, if I might ask, just what do you have in mind for the Wilson 300 barrel?

no clue but I ordered some ammo already  <laughs>

Torn between just doing an upper or a complete rifle. If I do a complete rifle I must abide by CT AWB rules. If I do an upper I can put it on my preban lower. Maybe I will start another thread.

I did have this planned as a project just not so soon