• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Let's see them loading benches

MarkTheNewf

24 minutes ago, survivalshop said:

I like your Bullet Casting area , good idea for the Range hood . I still do mine on the Back Screened in Porch . You don't have enough Reloading Presses for all that room .:thumbup:

The casting area works well.  I crack the window and I get a cross-breeze sucking the heat out as well as the smoke when I flux.  .  It's also kinda nice when you're doing stuff with some smelly chemicals.  The only time I do anything outside is when I'm smelting down bulk lead from scraps.

Yeah, I have just the single stage for for a few years for working up loads and for rounds like 45/70.  I only got the Dillon perhaps a year or two ago.  You can pump out heaps of ammo with that thing and it's decent.

The computer is also great as I have spreadsheets for tracking stuff.  It's also set up with media center, so I can have TV or music running in the background whilst fiddling with boolits and stuff.

At the end of the day, you never have too much bench!

I have three stations , plus the Porch , one for Firearm Cleaning & Maintenance /repair/ building , one for Case prep ( I Anneal on the porch also ) & a reloading Bench with four Presses , including a Dillon 550B , Lee 1000( over 25 years old ) an old Pacific 007 single stage Press ( 40 + yr. )& my new MEC Marksmen single stage press  & I have a RCBS Green Machine Progressive in 44 cal. (Packed away because of no room for it ). I have to get a new photo of my Repair /cleaning bench , I just changed it .

I used to use wax for Fluxing & now use the Flux powder & the smoke is minimal now .DSCN3121.thumb.JPG.c9eb346cf8f4dc6cf54142ee68ae6683.JPG

DSCN3104.thumb.JPG.fbb675b83fce16cd33c740ac9617cf5d.JPG

Edited by survivalshop