• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Weight on ar10

lilmidtown

Hi LIL     sure the free float will help...you can get some really light weight rails now days....but to really get the weight down you gotta do  some extra stuff here's a "Dikstroker Special "  its not an Armalite      :thumbup:  Wash

20170710_171533.jpg

without optics

nexgen 007.JPG

Edited by washguy

Lilmid    Thanks  for the compliment....the weight savings aside from the machined lightened upper is the machined light weight bcg and it also uses an ar15 barrel extension....so it uses ar15 free float rails too...I guess the DPMS gen 2 comes close to this? No your charging handle should not be a bitch to pull back.....somethings going on there....remove upper from lower and check the bcg..is it sliding back easy or when you drop it in the upper with the muzzle pointed down does it drag in the upper or does the charging handle and bcg go into battery easily.....take a dowel or something and push in the buffer is it binding in the buffer tube?....take out the buffer and its spring and spray some cleaner in the buffer tube and then wipe down the spring and lube it and the buffer up ..replace and lube....  put your rifle on a scale to see where you're at on the weight....is your rifle working as it should?

Wash

2 hours ago, washguy said:

Lilmid    Thanks  for the compliment....the weight savings aside from the machined lightened upper is the machined light weight bcg and it also uses an ar15 barrel extension....so it uses ar15 free float rails too...I guess the DPMS gen 2 comes close to this? No your charging handle should not be a bitch to pull back.....somethings going on there....remove upper from lower and check the bcg..is it sliding back easy or when you drop it in the upper with the muzzle pointed down does it drag in the upper or does the charging handle and bcg go into battery easily.....take a dowel or something and push in the buffer is it binding in the buffer tube?....take out the buffer and its spring and spray some cleaner in the buffer tube and then wipe down the spring and lube it and the buffer up ..replace and lube....  put your rifle on a scale to see where you're at on the weight....is your rifle working as it should?

Wash

It's running well just the charging handle feel like I gotta put more effort into it then watching most other people do it's not crazy hard

Lilmid    Get you a Mech armor charge handle or one of your others that offer longer finger grips...more leverage easier pull back    Wash

https://mechdefense.com/products/ar10-charging-handle-tacops-sniper-for-308

so you checked your bcg and charging handle to see if they arnt dragging or catching on something?

take out your buffer and spring and spray some cleaner in the buffer tube shake out the cleaner and then wipe down spring and buffer re-oil and put it back...maybe a bunch of grit is in there? but if the rifle is working...you may need to eat your Wheaties   or finger exercising ?:laffs:  Wash

Edited by washguy

19 minutes ago, washguy said:

Lilmid    Get you a Mech armor charge handle or one of your others that offer longer finger grips...more leverage easier pull back    Wash

https://mechdefense.com/products/ar10-charging-handle-tacops-sniper-for-308

so you checked your bcg and charging handle to see if they arnt dragging or catching on something?

take out your buffer and spring and spray some cleaner in the buffer tube shake out the cleaner and then wipe down spring and buffer re-oil and put it back...maybe a bunch of grit is in there? but if the rifle is working...you may need to eat your Wheaties   or finger exercising ?:laffs:  Wash

I've maybe poop 50 rounds out of it . I haven't had it that long I haven't taken out the buffer tube I do want a new charging handle any suggestions?