• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

WTT/S new PSA carbine buffer kit

dubya

I just picked up a new PSA complete lower receiver yesterday and have decided to build with a rifle length fixed stock. 

I'd like to trade my mil-spec carbine kit for your rifle kit (A1/A2). That includes the buffer, spring, tube and the proper plate & lock ring/nut. I also have a new Magpul MOE carbine stock that came on the same lower I'd sell or trade with the buffer kit. I could also use a fixed rifle length MOE stock if anyone has one not being used. 

I ship USPS priority tracked and insured 

Resized_20180330_172838_2012.jpeg

Resized_20180330_172900_3474.jpeg

9 minutes ago, dubya said:

It'll be fine, I don't mind having spare parts. It's a basic 3oz buffer and carbine tube/spring, nothing silly here. If someone absolutely needs exact measurements of my carbine buffer kit I'll gladly get the numbers for them if they ask. 

Also, just for clarity's sake, this is for a standard AR correct?

1 minute ago, sketch said:

was this purchased as an ar15 lower or pa10? mill spec or commercial tube?

Its in the OP that it's a mil-spec tube. Bought as a Complete AR15 lower, I actually bought two, that are identical, and put a 5.56 16" Carbine upper on the other. It fires fine with factory loaded Federal AE223BL 55gr ammo that I had on hand yesterday, I can't imagine the buffer kit I'm trading/selling would be any different. 

1 minute ago, Matt.Cross said:

Cool! Sorry for the thread clutter, just looking for clarification. Thank you!

No issues, I'd rather someone remind me of important details I may have missed. I haven't been on the various gun forums for a few year's and I'm just getting back into the swing of things. I was most active on TheHighRoad and 24hrcampfire but also 68forums for a bit too. My handle was either "dubya3" "vance3" or something similar to that but I have a new email these days ? 

Just now, sketch said:

haha roger i skiped right over that.. right infront of me? ill check the cabinet of parts.. thank you for clarification.

It happens. When 98Z5V was trying to help me diagnose my PA10's overgas issue yesterday, it took me 3 separate posts to finally give him all the info he asked me for to help ?.

1 hour ago, dubya said:

It'll be fine, I don't mind having spare parts. It's a basic 3oz buffer and carbine tube/spring, nothing silly here. If someone absolutely needs exact measurements of my carbine buffer kit I'll gladly get the numbers for them if they ask. 

I was specifically asking you, so I can help you sell the parts.  If it's a mis-matched 308 system, I can inform you of that, and you can list them individually, for what they pertain to - be it 308, or AR15.

AR15 it is. PSA gets that right.  Should be a solid setup, as with any manufacturer.

Odd to see AR15 parts listed in the for sale section here, without clarification - sorry for jumping your a$s...   :laffs:

4 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

I was specifically asking you, so I can help you sell the parts.  If it's a mis-matched 308 system, I can inform you of that, and you can list them individually, for what they pertain to - be it 308, or AR15.

Oh ?, well in that case:

-Buffer weight- 3oz

-Buffer length- 3 9/32" or 83.55mm

-Spring length- 10 5/16"

-Spring # of coils- 36 (I think)

-Spring wire diameter- 5/64" or 2.05mm

-Buffer tube outer length- 7 1/4" 

-Buffer tube inner lenght- 7" 

-Buffer tube diameter- 1 9/64" or 29.15mm 

Thanks for the tips, pal! Maybe next time we can do this in PM rather than on my sales post ?

dubya

9 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

AR15 it is. PSA gets that right.  Should be a solid setup, as with any manufacturer.

Odd to see AR15 parts listed in the for sale section here, without clarification - sorry for jumping your a$s...   :laffs:

I see that people aren't used to it now, obviously it' a 308 AR forum predominantly. Like I said, I'm getting back into the hobby and this is the first forum I've joined/rejoined. I understand I'm the "new guy" and I know how the forums work (kinda ?), people can be curious of someone they haven't seen around.