Jump to content
308AR.com Community
  • Visit Brownells
  • Visit AR15 Builder
  • Visit
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Aero Precision
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Faxon
GoodByNAair

PA10 GEN II, My Findings On Parts Info and Range Data (Log)

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Steel-cased shut you down. Hardly ever works for a break-in.  If you need less expensive ammo to break in with, use some PMC Bronze. I wouldn't be using any Match ammo to break in any one of these things, no way, but steel-cased isn't the way to go.

I would also say try some brass and see how  that goes. Make sure she is lubed up real good PSA guns seem to like to run wet... Well the 3 I own run better wet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GoodByNAair said:

I would also say try some brass and see how  that goes. Make sure she is lubed up real good PSA guns seem to like to run wet... Well the 3 I own run better wet. 

They all need to run very, very wet for break-in.  All of them, doesn't matter who made it, or who built it and what parts you used.  WET.

Well, there IS one exception...   :laffs:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

 

I just noticed that ALOT of my YT vids are now "deleted."  Those fuckers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

 

I just noticed that ALOT of my YT vids are now "deleted."  Those fuckers.

Yup gun info on YT is now a gray line. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sucks, too - I look back on all my vids, in memory, and I never violated any of their new bullshiit rules that they've made up now.

That means some cheesedick asscandy snowflake looked at one of my vids, didn't know WTF it was, and reported it in accordance with their new fuckhead rules. Snowflakes suck.

They'll shiit their pants when they find my test of the Geissele Super 3-Gun trigger...  :lmao:

Edited by 98Z5V

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

seems if its private its gtg.. mine are still up? privately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, sketch said:

seems if its private its gtg.. mine are still up? privately.

Almost all of mine are "unlisted" - meaning nobody can use search terms and find them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Need a little help. 

 

I want to get to the gas tube and barrel nut but cant get my rail off. I don't want to strip anything. see pics. 

I can get the 3 main screws out but the last smaller one will not move? LMK thanks. Even bent my key. 

 

 

20180426_164114.jpg

20180426_164206.jpg

20180426_164125.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you try it before you loosened the the three larger ones? I'm not familiar with that setup but maybe tighten the others back up and see if that lessens some of the torque on the little one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

Did you try it before you loosened the the three larger ones? I'm not familiar with that setup but maybe tighten the others back up and see if that lessens some of the torque on the little one.

Thought about that after loosening the bigger ones. I'll snug them up and try again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

Maybe a little heat in case there is a threadlocker on it,

Yep, right there - get after that thing with the hair dryer pretty good, then try it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok quick update:

I have confirmed that the steel mag I had was causing the issues with hammer not shutting all the way, I tested it on my buddy's PSA AR10 (will post his setup later) and it did the same thing, would jam up the bolt and not shut all the way.  He let me use his Magpul Pmag 10rd mag and everything seems to work smooth and I put my steel mags in his and they would jam up the same way that mine was.  I have still not fired this gun yet, so will try to get both steel and brass reports out of my PA10.

I will have more to report tomorrow when we head to the range with a crap load of guns: 2 PSA PA10s, AR15's and a platform AR 410, god knows what else he is bringing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

410 huh thats interesting.. gammit of guns is a fun day on the range! keep us posted :fullauto:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

damn thats pretty cool!  spendy ammo, but purpous is everything...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went to the range today and will have a report, basically I am a noob and didn't remember to lube up bcg after every 3 shots so I had issues but that is my fault and going to clean and lube gun tonight.  I did have to sight in scope too and will post pic of target but I am really happy with the PA scope.  Let me put something together and try to interrupt what happened at the range today, I will do this soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/27/2018 at 8:52 PM, Gopher said:

Ok quick update:

I have confirmed that the steel mag I had was causing the issues with hammer not shutting all the way, I tested it on my buddy's PSA AR10 (will post his setup later) and it did the same thing, would jam up the bolt and not shut all the way.  He let me use his Magpul Pmag 10rd mag and everything seems to work smooth and I put my steel mags in his and they would jam up the same way that mine was.  I have still not fired this gun yet, so will try to get both steel and brass reports out of my PA10.

I will have more to report tomorrow when we head to the range with a crap load of guns: 2 PSA PA10s, AR15's and a platform AR 410, god knows what else he is bringing.

I / my PSA's didn't like the ASC / C Product mags either. Glad it was something simple for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/26/2018 at 5:39 PM, GoodByNAair said:

Need a little help. 

 

I want to get to the gas tube and barrel nut but cant get my rail off. I don't want to strip anything. see pics. 

I can get the 3 main screws out but the last smaller one will not move? LMK thanks. Even bent my key. 

 

 

20180426_164114.jpg

20180426_164206.jpg

20180426_164125.jpg

It "might" be using a barrel nut similar to this.... and that little screw might be used as a retaining screw... in the channel.



 

308_Barrel_Nut__00782.1427232791.380.380.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup your right on, @Bfoosh006 about the barrel nut. 

Here are my findings on the gas tube and barrel nut.

Steel nut, and the barrel nut hits the gas tube. See pics. I also got the small screw out with a better tool and tried heat. Not sure if the heat helped?? idk. Also Note that this rail seems to be nice and light at 11.2oz. 

 

 

 

20180429_144928.jpg

20180429_144336.jpg

20180429_145225.jpg

20180429_145308.jpg

20180429_145402.jpg

20180429_145658.jpg

20180429_145743.jpg

Edited by GoodByNAair

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/28/2018 at 8:16 PM, Gopher said:

I went to the range today and will have a report, basically I am a noob and didn't remember to lube up bcg after every 3 shots so I had issues but that is my fault and going to clean and lube gun tonight.  I did have to sight in scope too and will post pic of target but I am really happy with the PA scope.  Let me put something together and try to interrupt what happened at the range today, I will do this soon.

Sorry got busy at work and had family come in, so:

I went to the range and had issues but think its because I did not lube up the gun after every 3 shots and that's my bad, but all in all I love this gun.  So, I did use a mix of steel and brass, I know don't yell at me but I did not have a lot of choice.

 

Steel ammo: I would get 1 shot off and it would chamber new round but not fire, I would discharge that round and it would load new round and would not fire, then again discharge that round and chamber a new round and it would fire.  This would be a common theme as I would get 1 round off and have to discharge 3 others.

 

Brass:  I would get 1 shot off them chamber a new round and then a click and nothing, I would then have to discharge that round and chamber a new round then get a shot off.  It would not jam and it would load new round but then again a click and nothing.  I would have to discharge that round and then I could get a round off.

 

This seemed to be a theme, I would get a round off then either have to manually eject 1 or 2  before I could get next round off deepening on either brass or steel round.  I think I did not run it wet enough and will try to be better prepared for this next go.  I also want to say I did use cheap ammo and this was only for range use and will be using better ammo when it gets close to hunting season.

 

So below is what ammo I used and the first target from the range, I shot at 50 yrds and I did have better grouping on second target change out but did not stick around for the next round of target change out. The ones with the letter "B" is the Brass rounds I used and was the first rounds I used to sight in my scope. So not sure if this is worth anything but here we go:

 

145153383_RangeShoot.thumb.jpg.87227fa4a5bd0cae455c43e81dac3742.jpg

 

Ammo for reference (Only have Steel shown but brass was same):

 

20180424_185113.thumb.jpg.0aba98cbcb8e277b7a9058168d1b6ea2.jpg

 

I know its cheap but thats what I had at the time.

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×