• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

PA10 GEN II, My Findings On Parts Info and Range Data (Log)

6 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Steel-cased shut you down. Hardly ever works for a break-in.  If you need less expensive ammo to break in with, use some PMC Bronze. I wouldn't be using any Match ammo to break in any one of these things, no way, but steel-cased isn't the way to go.

I would also say try some brass and see how  that goes. Make sure she is lubed up real good PSA guns seem to like to run wet... Well the 3 I own run better wet. 

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, GoodByNAair said:

I would also say try some brass and see how  that goes. Make sure she is lubed up real good PSA guns seem to like to run wet... Well the 3 I own run better wet. 

They all need to run very, very wet for break-in.  All of them, doesn't matter who made it, or who built it and what parts you used.  WET.

Well, there IS one exception...   :laffs:

Sucks, too - I look back on all my vids, in memory, and I never violated any of their new bullshiit rules that they've made up now.

That means some cheesedick asscandy snowflake looked at one of my vids, didn't know WTF it was, and reported it in accordance with their new fuckhead rules. Snowflakes suck.

They'll shiit their pants when they find my test of the Geissele Super 3-Gun trigger...  :lmao:

Edited by 98Z5V

26 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

Did you try it before you loosened the the three larger ones? I'm not familiar with that setup but maybe tighten the others back up and see if that lessens some of the torque on the little one.

Thought about that after loosening the bigger ones. I'll snug them up and try again. 

Ok quick update:

I have confirmed that the steel mag I had was causing the issues with hammer not shutting all the way, I tested it on my buddy's PSA AR10 (will post his setup later) and it did the same thing, would jam up the bolt and not shut all the way.  He let me use his Magpul Pmag 10rd mag and everything seems to work smooth and I put my steel mags in his and they would jam up the same way that mine was.  I have still not fired this gun yet, so will try to get both steel and brass reports out of my PA10.

I will have more to report tomorrow when we head to the range with a crap load of guns: 2 PSA PA10s, AR15's and a platform AR 410, god knows what else he is bringing.

I went to the range today and will have a report, basically I am a noob and didn't remember to lube up bcg after every 3 shots so I had issues but that is my fault and going to clean and lube gun tonight.  I did have to sight in scope too and will post pic of target but I am really happy with the PA scope.  Let me put something together and try to interrupt what happened at the range today, I will do this soon.

On 4/27/2018 at 8:52 PM, Gopher said:

Ok quick update:

I have confirmed that the steel mag I had was causing the issues with hammer not shutting all the way, I tested it on my buddy's PSA AR10 (will post his setup later) and it did the same thing, would jam up the bolt and not shut all the way.  He let me use his Magpul Pmag 10rd mag and everything seems to work smooth and I put my steel mags in his and they would jam up the same way that mine was.  I have still not fired this gun yet, so will try to get both steel and brass reports out of my PA10.

I will have more to report tomorrow when we head to the range with a crap load of guns: 2 PSA PA10s, AR15's and a platform AR 410, god knows what else he is bringing.

I / my PSA's didn't like the ASC / C Product mags either. Glad it was something simple for you.

On 4/26/2018 at 5:39 PM, GoodByNAair said:

Need a little help. 

I want to get to the gas tube and barrel nut but cant get my rail off. I don't want to strip anything. see pics. 

I can get the 3 main screws out but the last smaller one will not move? LMK thanks. Even bent my key. 

20180426_164114.jpg

20180426_164206.jpg

20180426_164125.jpg

It "might" be using a barrel nut similar to this.... and that little screw might be used as a retaining screw... in the channel.

308_Barrel_Nut__00782.1427232791.380.380.png

Yup your right on, @Bfoosh006 about the barrel nut. 

Here are my findings on the gas tube and barrel nut.

Steel nut, and the barrel nut hits the gas tube. See pics. I also got the small screw out with a better tool and tried heat. Not sure if the heat helped?? idk. Also Note that this rail seems to be nice and light at 11.2oz. 

20180429_144928.jpg

20180429_144336.jpg

20180429_145225.jpg

20180429_145308.jpg

20180429_145402.jpg

20180429_145658.jpg

20180429_145743.jpg

Edited by GoodByNAair

On 4/28/2018 at 8:16 PM, Gopher said:

I went to the range today and will have a report, basically I am a noob and didn't remember to lube up bcg after every 3 shots so I had issues but that is my fault and going to clean and lube gun tonight.  I did have to sight in scope too and will post pic of target but I am really happy with the PA scope.  Let me put something together and try to interrupt what happened at the range today, I will do this soon.

Sorry got busy at work and had family come in, so:

I went to the range and had issues but think its because I did not lube up the gun after every 3 shots and that's my bad, but all in all I love this gun.  So, I did use a mix of steel and brass, I know don't yell at me but I did not have a lot of choice.

Steel ammo: I would get 1 shot off and it would chamber new round but not fire, I would discharge that round and it would load new round and would not fire, then again discharge that round and chamber a new round and it would fire.  This would be a common theme as I would get 1 round off and have to discharge 3 others.

Brass:  I would get 1 shot off them chamber a new round and then a click and nothing, I would then have to discharge that round and chamber a new round then get a shot off.  It would not jam and it would load new round but then again a click and nothing.  I would have to discharge that round and then I could get a round off.

This seemed to be a theme, I would get a round off then either have to manually eject 1 or 2  before I could get next round off deepening on either brass or steel round.  I think I did not run it wet enough and will try to be better prepared for this next go.  I also want to say I did use cheap ammo and this was only for range use and will be using better ammo when it gets close to hunting season.

So below is what ammo I used and the first target from the range, I shot at 50 yrds and I did have better grouping on second target change out but did not stick around for the next round of target change out. The ones with the letter "B" is the Brass rounds I used and was the first rounds I used to sight in my scope. So not sure if this is worth anything but here we go:

145153383_RangeShoot.thumb.jpg.87227fa4a5bd0cae455c43e81dac3742.jpg

Ammo for reference (Only have Steel shown but brass was same):

20180424_185113.thumb.jpg.0aba98cbcb8e277b7a9058168d1b6ea2.jpg

I know its cheap but thats what I had at the time.