• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

G19X -- She Spoils Me, So I Spoil Her Back

COBrien

My wife is a Glock fanatic (XDs are more my speed, but whatever). When they released the G19X, she told me how much she wanted one. So I bought her one.

As it'll be a duty pistol, it's going to be Cerakoted, probably Graphite Black. All of it. Slide, frame, mags, extra backstraps. One of her coworkers had front slide serrations milled into a G17, and she says she likes it (again, not for me, but it's her pistol). So I'm now looking at having this brand new, unfired pistol milled and Cerakoted before she lays hands on it.

Our anniversary is tomorrow (shiit, I need to get a card...), and she's already told me the rifle I built her was more than enough for an anniversary gift. So maybe this'll be a "late-anniversary-early birthday" gift. I.e., a complete surprise.

IMG_0386.JPG

50 minutes ago, COBrien said:

...the pic in a holster, in a pair of pants? 

I thought that was a continuation of an inside joke that I didn’t get... Lmao!

FADA0686-9D36-4037-ADE5-FE1428D83D6D.jpeg

definetly an older joke but unforgettable!!

nice pistolas. Take her to the range and then dinner.. you will get points for sure!

OB, I wouldn't paint that pistol for anything - it's already perfect.

FDE is the perfect color, really. I mean, God made deer and rabbits in FDE, and we can't FIND them when we're hunting for them...  :laffs:

9 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

OB, I wouldn't paint that pistol for anything - it's already perfect.

FDE is the perfect color, really. I mean, God made deer and rabbits in FDE, and we can't FIND them when we're hunting for them...  :laffs:

LMAO!

Personally, I like the FDE. But I/she will have to check her department's policy re: firearms finishes...

On 6/18/2018 at 5:45 PM, DNP said:

FYI, the black one will be out in a couple months or sooner. 

This has me intrigued. If this is the case, I may just sell the coyote one (with SWMBO's approval...), and use the money to pick her up a black one.

Then she can have her front serrations milled, and only have to Cerakote the slide.

I'll find out more.  We've got a good connection with someone inside Glock who just told us that on Monday.  Wanted to share that in case it changed your mind on painting her up. 

Edited by DNP

6 hours ago, DNP said:

I'll find out more.  We've got a good connection with someone inside Glock who just told us that on Monday.  Wanted to share that in case it changed your mind on painting her up. 

Please do! I just talked to the wife about this, erm, "rumor," and she asked about exchanging her Coyote 19X for a black one once the local pusher is able to get ahold of one.

Save me a bunch of money on black Cerakote...

On June 20, 2018 at 8:24 PM, COBrien said:

Please do! I just talked to the wife about this, erm, "rumor," and she asked about exchanging her Coyote 19X for a black one once the local pusher is able to get ahold of one.

Save me a bunch of money on black Cerakote...

The story I got yesterday is black one around October.....but at shot show...there will be more surprises. PM inbound. Not an official statement, but a very reliable source.