• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Help me Find a Short 308 AR FF Handguard

jtallen83

I'm trying to find a FF hand guard for a 308AR pistol build, DPMS high receiver style. I'm hoping for something in the 9-10 inch, really don't want a 12 as it is a 12.5 inch barrel and I want some room between the tube and the suppressor. Hoping to find one that will take a BUIS and a light so the smooth tubes won't get it. I saw one in the SLR clearence section but don't really want to pay $50 more than I did for the receiver set. Any tips will be greatly appreciated.

23 minutes ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

Here is another option but a little more expensive. 308H 9.5" Solo Mid Handguard- MLOK from SLR for $195.99

https://slrrifleworks.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=116&product_id=735

Yep, I really like those SLR tubes but have a hard time justifying the money on what amounts to an economy build.

JT here ya go brother ...just a start    http://www.omegamanufacturinginc.com/10-MLOK-Trapezoid-Handguard-Rail-Rifle-Length-AR-10-LR308-DPMS-Thread-Pattern_p_2975.html

they have others.....ive quit buying the 250 bill rail...these rails work too...search around this website...found another for you but that site has sold em out          Wash

5 hours ago, washguy said:

JT here ya go brother ...just a start    http://www.omegamanufacturinginc.com/10-MLOK-Trapezoid-Handguard-Rail-Rifle-Length-AR-10-LR308-DPMS-Thread-Pattern_p_2975.html

they have others.....ive quit buying the 250 bill rail...these rails work too...search around this website...found another for you but that site has sold em out          Wash

That looks like the fix I need. Just wish they would specify high or low, I would assume high but then I have a drawer full of assumptions. I will have to call them.

4 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

That looks like the fix I need. Just wish they would specify high or low, I would assume high but then I have a drawer full of assumptions. I will have to call them.

Let us know what you find out, I have a LR308 Oracle that has the high gas block that could use a new handguard, however the original has been okay so far.  I really haven't been "into the free floating handguards"  before.