• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Initial thoughts on PSA PX10.

CHughes

Received the gun on 7/18. All looks good no loose nuts or bolts, rifle came bone dry, stripped it down and lubed it up with MilPro7, added the iron sights to the rail and reciever both which were very tight due to the thickly applied coating. Added a surefire muzzle brake and a sling using the existing qd holes with no issues. The trigger breaks cleaner than a mil spec but not match grade at all. Range report to follow in a few weeks, In the meantime searching for a compatible charging handle.

20180719_184555.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

A range report on the palmetto PX10. After being stripped down and cleaned and oiled with MilPro7. All rounds fired from the gun with no issues whatsoever, after each 20 round mag fired both slow and fast the bolt locked open on the last round. I was shooting for function not grouping since I had my six-year old son along. The rifle charged ok but the combination of the heavy buffer spring required for the 308 combined with the smaller mil spec charging handle made it not so fun or easy to charge. A DPMS G2 small frame .308 charging handle is on its way along with a Magpul K2 grip so the grip angle will be similar to my other AR. After tearing the rifle down after the range session it was very easy to clean with no excess carbon fouling. The bolt showed no hot spots as far as wear is concerned and the part fitment seems to be wearing in nicely. The gun is well worth the 599 I paid and shoots great will be a good basic deer rifle.

IMG_20180802_121654098.jpg

IMG_20180728_194741019.jpg

• 6 months later...

The rifle actually ran great i did notice it is highly over gassed and very concussive to shoot the gun with a muzzle brake, I never had issues but that being said I no longer own the gun the lack of common parts and the fact that PSA no longer makes these gun had me concerned for long term ownership, I picked up an M1A and traded the PX10 for a 1911.

2 minutes ago, CHughes said:

The rifle actually ran great i did notice it is highly over gassed and very concussive to shoot the gun with a muzzle brake,

Strange  - it was either highly overgassed, or highly under-recoiled, in the recoil system.  That doesn't strike me as odd, for any PSA large-platform that they're putting out...

DEFINITELY not dissing you, @CHughes...   :thumbup: 

1 minute ago, 98Z5V said:

Strange  - it was either highly overgassed, or highly under-recoiled, in the recoil system.  That doesn't strike me as odd, for any PSA large-platform that they're putting out...

DEFINITELY not dissing you, @CHughes...   :thumbup: 

For what I paid for the gun and my lack of desire to throw money at an entry level gun it was simply not worth digging deeper, the gun was reliable though.