• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

New Sierra Game Changer Bullet

survivalshop

NEW SIERRA GAMECHANGER BULLETS COMING TO MIDSOUTH SHOOTERS!

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedintumblrmail
Facebooktwittergoogle_pluspinterestyoutube

Sierra Gamechanger Bullets Now At Midsouth Shooters!

When a new projectile enters the reloading market, it’s a pretty big deal. It’s always exciting to see innovation coupled with precision, and performance. The GameChanger Bullets, a new offering in the tipped GameKing bullet line, are touted as the “…perfect blend of exceptional Ballistic Coefficients (BC), Accuracy, and Deadly Terminal Performance on tough wild game.” The bullets feature a synthetic tip for smoother chambering, improved flight and better expansion on target (game) impact. The open pocket design below the poly-tip further expands the lead core, while the precisely engineered jacket wall concentricity makes for an incredibly accurate bullet.

• Tuned ogive for industry-leading BC.
  • Boat tail design creates stable flight and accuracy.
  • Open pocket (Hollow Point) expands lead core instantly on impact.
  • Precisely Engineered Jacket wall concentricity ensures accuracy.
  • Wall thickness controls expansion and retains weight

For individual bullet info on the Sierra GameChangers, check out this article at Midsouth Shooters!

Sierra Gamechanger Load Data

All Available GameChanger Load Data:

When it comes to the release of new projectiles, reloading data can be difficult to find. We’ve obtained some load data from the ballisticians at Sierra for select calibers. For more calibers not listed, please contact Sierra for assistance! The load data provided is to be used to their exact specifications.
Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedintumblr

After talking to a friend who has done three African Safaris on all sorts of game, I have decided to switch to exclusively copper bullets for hunting. I have had enough Sierras break up in deer that I needed to clean out lead and waste meat because of it. He uses nothing but Barnes and marvels how they open up and stay together on all different sizes of game.

This looks like Sierra's answer to the Hornady ELD-X projectile. Sierra made the Tipped Match King (TMK) to come back at the Hornady ELD-M projectile.

If they truly have industry leading BCs on these, over the Hornady ELD-X pills, I'll definitely try them out. 

One thing I know for sure - the most accurate projectile I've ever found for the 25/45 is the 90gr Sierra GameKing.  :thumbup::hail:

51 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

This looks like Sierra's answer to the Hornady ELD-X projectile. Sierra made the Tipped Match King (TMK) to come back at the Hornady ELD-M projectile.

If they truly have industry leading BCs on these, over the Hornady ELD-X pills, I'll definitely try them out. 

One thing I know for sure - the most accurate projectile I've ever found for the 25/45 is the 90gr Sierra GameKing.  :thumbup::hail:

Its all I load for the 25-45 SHARPS , The 87 gr. Speer SP's just dont do nearly as well for me . 

I do like Barnes 's but have never been able to get good groups from any 30 cal. , now their 62 gr. in my 5.56 shoot very well . 

11 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

I have some Barnes 100gr TSX solids loaded up for the 25/45, I just haven't tested them out yet. I'll update when I do.

Have you chambered any yet ? With Barne's Bullets & them being longer then Lead Core Bullets , the Ogive shouldn't be an issue , will be breathless with anticipation for your results ?

14 hours ago, survivalshop said:

Have you chambered any yet ?

Just chambered one by hand, on the upper receiver only (separated from lower receiver).  Bolt closes just fine on it, no marks on the projectile of any kind. 

Pulled the chargind handle and BCG back enough to expose the ejection port completely.  Pushed the BCG forward enough to enter the ejection port area, locked the rim of the round onto the extractor, pushed it down towards the chamber (pushing it down onto the ejector), and slowly pushed the BCG into the upper until it locked in place, and the bolt was locked in the extension.  Worked like a charm.  They chamber alright.  :thumbup:

Edited by 98Z5V

• 1 year later...