• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Found a new range for long distance

washguy

Hi yall....Ive been searching for a new long distance range ever since our other one was shut down...long story short one of my buddies has entered a run and gun 3mile deal in Crawford Tx next month...some of the targets are out to 500 and we have had no range until his buddy found this one  https://www.triplecrange.com/      Im in heaven! its about an hour 30 or so ,and damn they have several slots that got out to 600/700 yds all steel targets at 8moa....they have one 1000 yd slot and OMG one slot thats an Effin mile .....plus several pistol bays too....we went there sunday to have him get comfortable shooting at distance....he is gonna use one of my 300 blackouts with a 1x8 vortex.....He did awesome shooting out to 500 yds....I learned something bout the 300 round...I was using my high power spotting scope watching the bullets hit the steel armor I guess  that's what it is....so at every distance until 500 I could see impact and see the steel move....at 500  im looking, and he fires and I see nothing ,but then we could hear a lil rap...no ping just a lil rap....the steel never moved,,,he kept hitting it, and im sayinh nope and then theres a lil rap....By golly he was hitting the steel but the 300 120 gr otm round was prolly  pellet rifle speed  at 500....I wouldn't wanna get hit by it...but it was just funny at how it sounded from out there.....so now  ive got a home again....20 bills for all day on 2800 acres of rolling hills...even have longhorn cattle roaming around...no conditions...fmj ,auto fire okay...whatever  you wanna do....they treat you like adults...ooops that may be a disqualifier for me :banana:   Wash

hot damn wash! thats what im missing surrounded by hills.. i felt like i found 5-600 yds and it was maybe 400.. it was cloudy and raining so my range finder might have been off due to foggy..  glad you found a no limits range i expect pics so i can drool on my phone! 

2 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

When can I visit you?...   :thumbup:

Come on down brother....looks like ill never get my old azz out to a fall shoot....and I even pledged to do so this time....Char's got another deal with her health going on....biopsy on her thyroid  on Thursday....daaamn...im gonna have to take her car privileges away...:laffs:..she cant be driven no turbo car with a lumpy thyroid....right?  98 daaamn  there was no one at the four slots out to 600/700 but 4 shooters at the mile slot....I got a woodie watching that ...well I think I did?  the mile deal was hill top to hill top...you could see the steel out there plain as day...must have been a big piece....whom ever owns this place must own or have cousins that own adjacent land ...cause shooting at distance no telling what could happen?

Wash

1 hour ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

It's almost 2 hrs from me, but it is better than any of the other ranges I have seen around here.

hit me up on the phone and we will plan.....you will like this place....we gotta do an early thing cause of the time change .....if im  doc joe's coach ....is he in trouble?....lol   Wash

wash, talk to these guys about...  something...  See if we could pull a Spring Shoot there. 

You would need to fully explain the camping on-site, unplanned fireworks, tannerite, and all the other shenanigans that abound...   :banana:

Maybe get more time there, under your belt, before you'd approach them with something like that?...   :laffs:

45 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

wash, talk to these guys about...  something...  See if we could pull a Spring Shoot there. 

You would need to fully explain the camping on-site, unplanned fireworks, tannerite, and all the other shenanigans that abound...   :banana:

Maybe get more time there, under your belt, before you'd approach them with something like that?...   :laffs:

Great Idea I like the way you think brother!   Lemme get the lay of the land .....Im thinkin these folks are A plus types.....they cater to the different agencies so im told...with all the pistol bays and the cars that are there for practice....I think they have a facebook page,but im not a face booker maybe you could check em out on facebook and see if they have fun there?  :thumbup::banana:   Wash

Yep Doc Ron...it would have to be an all dayer to make it worthwhile....ill talk to Doc Joe  and have him talk to our buddy that's been going out there for training

14 hours ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

It's not that far from @mrmackc.  Maybe he would like to meet us there.  Saturday afternoon or Sunday are about the only time I would have that would make it worth the drive.  Monday would be a stretch since I don't get done until noon. 

I checked out their web page   https://www.triplecrange.com/  and also on Google Earth.

the Triple C Range is about 4.5 miles NW of Cresson on hiway 171 (14333 Cleburne highway, Cresson TX 76035. coords are 32 35 26.70N,  97 38 10.49W and is 939" elevation.

It is 83 miles from my home.

image.thumb.png.a65cf93eaf30588a40df17b740715761.png

Edited by mrmackc