• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

I love this firearm!!

Phatassjay

There was a guy on here a month or so ago that wanted the set too. Haven't heard from him in awhile. If the guy you know maybe has something in trade? I hate taking people's hard earned money if they have something around they don't want. Maybe we could work something out? The parts are from an armalite ar10a4 fixed stock as you can see and grip. The handguards are carbine length, I think 10 or 8 inches.

The "guy I know" is actually me.

I don't really have anything to trade. I mean, I've got lots of parts and whatnot, but the majority of those are my "one of these days I'll build a..." parts. Same as this furniture kit will be.

I'd need a rifle-length handguard, which I'll source elsewhere, but I'm picturing a clone of my 5.56 Dissipator, but in .308... One of these days...

Dissipator.jpg

3 hours ago, Phatassjay said:

Ok I had lost that old thread. I'll just give them to you. Can't take your money because that's just not how I do things. I'm an old army medic so my mantra is helping out where I can. Just let me know how I can get them to you.

Right on brother, that's what this place is all about! 

3 hours ago, Phatassjay said:

Ok I had lost that old thread. I'll just give them to you. Can't take your money because that's just not how I do things. I'm an old army medic so my mantra is helping out where I can. Just let me know how I can get them to you.

Most appreciated, brother, but I can’t let you do that! You laid out your hard-earned cash for them!

I’ll move this conversation over to PM so I’m not cluttering up your thread... 

1 hour ago, Sisco said:

Congrats Jay, looks good. As you know by now, Armalites are great shooters. And everyone will be happy because your scope mount is not backwards!:thumbup::fullauto:

Thanks! I gotta say when I first got it total spur of the moment buy but it was a great deal. Then when I started finding parts it just took off. I did find some mags on Brownells site. Two 25 rd mags were about 100 bucks with shipping but I found this site where they have them for 35. https://www.galatiinternational.com/ar10-parts-and-accessories.html

I took it out a week ago and thought it was going to destroy my shoulder but I gotta say the recoil is super manageable. I'm not a big dude 5'8" 140 and it was like shooting my 5.56, slightly more recoil but a much bigger boom! Absolutely love this thing. Thanks for all the feedback. Sure helped.

4 hours ago, Phatassjay said:

Lots of people here like that. I think you will fit in well here... especially if you have a twisted sense of humor. lol.