B6.5CM41618(MF)

16" Black Nitride 4150 CHROME MOLY VANADIUM BARREL
Contour Barrel Profile
1:8 Twist
Straight Flutes
6.5 Grendel Type II Caliber
Carbine Length Gas System

Here is the barrel I bought.

15 in m lok free float tube. Don't know who makes is was at a local gunshop for $40. I need to start looking for some better glass and order a LaRue trigger for this rifle. Functions well. Doesn't seem to like the wolf 100 gr that well.  Hornady Black 120 gr is a different story.

The Hornady Black loading is a 123gr ELD-M projectile, man.  Hornady American Gunner is a 120gr OTM projectile - you sure which one you have?

Got a pic of the ammo?  I can tell right away which one it is.  :thumbup:

Edited by 98Z5V

Those little bastards are EXCELLENT, man.  I tailored my handload to duplicate those, and I'm pretty damn close.  So close I can't tell a difference if I switch between the two.  Great ammo for the Grendel.  :thumbup:

I can give you all the drop-data you need for those things, at just about any distance.

My Nikon spot on app is real close on drops for my 308 out to 300 yds (that's as far as I can shoot here on the farm). I am pretty sure the app will be close for the Grendel.  The app has that ammo in the program. I just need better glass and a LaRue trigger for this rifle now. Put the LaRue that arrived Friday in the PA10. Hard to believe that trigger is leas than a $100 . What a difference from the "enhanced" PA10 trigger.

If you do a 100 yard zero on it, you're still right on at 200, or damn close.  You're 1.7 mils of drop at 300 yards.  3.7 mils of drop at 500 yards.  All from a 16" barrel.

If you're running a 5.56 (heavy) BDC reticle, or a .308 Win reticle, zero it to 0.75" high at 100, and the reticle should line up out to 500 with that.

2 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

If you do a 100 yard zero on it, you're still right on at 200, or damn close.  You're 1.7 mils of drop at 300 yards.  3.7 mils of drop at 500 yards.  All from a 16" barrel.

If you're running a 5.56 (heavy) BDC reticle, or a .308 Win reticle, zero it to 0.75" high at 100, and the reticle should line up out to 500 with that.

Good to know. Thanks.