• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

OpticsPlanet Customer Service: A+

COBrien

Ever since I got into building/modifying ARs, OpticsPlanet has been one of my go-to retailers. I've never really needed to test out their customer service until today.

I placed an order last week for a Ballistic Advantage .308 barrel and a Gas Block Genie (going to see if this works better than the HB Industries "alignment pins" I've been using). Prior to placing the order, like always, I found a product I'd ordered previously and did a quick review of it to get my 7% off coupon. I applied it to my cart and checked out (with some fiddling around with PayPal in between). Unbeknownst to me, any time you leave your cart on the OpticsPlanet website, it removes any discount code you've entered. So it has to be re-entered.

I noticed this this morning, while checking on the status of my order. So I called OP to straighten it out, figuring they'd just tell me to cancel that order and place another with the code applied. No big deal.

While I'm on hold, I browse their website and discover their Presidents' Day Sale (10% off). So my new plan is to cancel last week's order and order the same products, but with the 10% off coupon.

When the CS rep answers, I explain the situation to him and tell him I'd just like to cancel the order (since it was placed before the Presidents' Day Sale started). His response? "No need. I'll get you taken care of." He applied the 10% and refunded the $20.13 from the discount to my card. Done deal, no questions asked, no hassle. Other than being on hold for 25 minutes.