• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Bushmaster FAL .308

zatmando

Ok guys new user here, I see there is a bunch of great info, but not finding what I'm looking for. 

I was gifted a Bushmaster .308 that uses the FAL magazines. I wanted to replace the handguard and the skeleton stock to an adjustable stock. I bought a new buffer tube but the site didn't list the length of the buffer tube so I thought nothing of it. The new buffer tube is only 7" and the old one is around 10". I have looked around and seen others offering an AR10 buffer tube and it is slightly longer (about 8"). So my question is, should I just buy a new spring and buffer or a longer buffer tube?

My second question is the handguard. I bought a FF keymod and when I went to install it I can thread the nut down but it stops about an 1/8" from the upper. I have called the company and they sent me another one and that one does the same thing. I read online that there are two different threads but I'm not sure which thread I have and nowhere can I find the thread size on any of the handguard sites. 

241242488356408678.jpg

2022154472974052017.jpg

4298564732889690496.jpg

8352610515856638004.jpg

8687452272936171164.jpg

The Bushmasters that use FAL magazines,were manufactured by Rock River Arms under contract to Bushmaster. I would suggest contacting Rock River customer service and see if they can set you up with what you need. They are proprietary and not interchangeable with other 308 ARs for the most part.

8 minutes ago, Sisco said:

The Bushmasters that use FAL magazines,were manufactured by Rock River Arms under contract to Bushmaster. I would suggest contacting Rock River customer service and see if they can set you up with what you need. They are proprietary and not interchangeable with other 308 ARs for the most part.

Ohh that helps a ton. I will contact them and see what they say.

Thank you

Well I got a repsonse from RRA.

You would need one of our stock tubes, spring and buffer linked first or a stock kit linked second. The handguard would have to one of our also. All .308 rifles are not compatible with one another. 

https://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=1405 

https://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=1374 

https://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=1454 

THANK YOU,
B.J. 
SALES/CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE & TECHNICAL SUPPORT
BJB@ROCKRIVERARMS.COM 

So I ordered a new handguard, buffer tube, spring. Their ordering process could use some vast improvements. First, it kept saying my first card the CCV number didn't match. Then I finally got it to work with a different card and they didn't give any shipping estimate, all the shipping options where TBD. So I picked UPS Ground hopefully it isn't a ton. Then they were running a site-wide discount but it didn't show in the cart, payment or receipt, no idea if I got it. Lastly, my confirmation email says it takes 7-10 days to process an order for shipment. I will hopefully get my order sometime in March.

I'll post back once I receive everything and get it all installed. Thanks for all the help.

7 hours ago, zatmando said:

Well I got a repsonse from RRA.

So I ordered a new handguard, buffer tube, spring. Their ordering process could use some vast improvements. First, it kept saying my first card the CCV number didn't match. Then I finally got it to work with a different card and they didn't give any shipping estimate, all the shipping options where TBD. So I picked UPS Ground hopefully it isn't a ton. Then they were running a site-wide discount but it didn't show in the cart, payment or receipt, no idea if I got it. Lastly, my confirmation email says it takes 7-10 days to process an order for shipment. I will hopefully get my order sometime in March.

I'll post back once I receive everything and get it all installed. Thanks for all the help.

Let us know how it shoots once everything comes together. Glad they could help you.