• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Wilson Combat Spring Cleaning Sale

NTXshooter

Here's the link - there's some pretty significant stuff on a serious sale...  It's pretty good.  Pick your discount percentage and look in there.  Like NTX stated, handguards are under the 75% tab, and barrels are under the 50% tab.   :thumbup:

https://shopwilsoncombat.com/Spring-Cleaning-Blowout/departments/1129/?utm_source=Wilson+Combat&utm_campaign=3fb9b963b3-SpringBlowoutSale_04_19_2019&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_d7d9381842-3fb9b963b3-35734037

12 minutes ago, unforgiven said:

O yeah Armorally.com got me for a M5 upper lower set. $226.00 w/ LPK, Atlas S one 15" M Lok, and .....Mr. Wilson got me for the Tac Hunter .260 Rem in Federal brown.

FUK YEAH, BROTHER!!!!   Welcome to the Family!!!   :thumbup:

59 minutes ago, unforgiven said:

I need the rest of the details brother 👍 so I can copy your setup.

My recoil system is a "hybrid experiment," so don't do it.  It works for me on my handloads on 147s, but it didn't work with a solid charge of powder for the 140s - it's too heavy to cycle the 140s - but works like a champ n the 147s?...  5.7oz home-made 2.500" buffer, Sprinco Orange spring, mil-spec (verified) AR-15 Carbine receiver extension

Just run the Armalite AR-10 Carbine recoil system, and you'll be good.

Gas port on that barrel was 0.070".  Armalite AR-10 Rifle gas tube, to get it right.  Aero Precision NiB BCG, complete (which is just a ToolCraft Nib BCG).  LaRue MBT-2S trigger.  Aero M5 upper, lower, M5 rail. Generic 0.750" lo-pro gas block.  LaRue LT-158 mount, 10MOA cant, 30mm. Athlon Argos BTR 6~24x50 scope, illuminated mil-dot reticle. AB Arms Urban Sniper Stock (the original one), with the optional butt pad. Vortex 30mm scope level.  VG-6 6.5 Gamma brake.  Springs, pins, all that jazz was Armalite parts, minus the Aero pivot/takedown pins.  MagPul M-LOK bipod. 

That's about it, soup-to-nuts, brother.  Running the original MagPul SR-20 P-Mags.  Fucking laser.  :thumbup:

I feel that if the gasport was 0.080", it would run my 140gr load, on standard .308 Win match-type powder (Accurate 2495).  It's doing so well with a Magnum powder (Alliant RL-22) and the 147s,that I'm not gonna change it, or drill that gas port. Sucks that I bought an 8lb jug of Accurate 2495 to run 140s, though.  I'll use that 8lbs  in some badass .308 Win loads... :laffs:

There she is, brother...  

Edited by 98Z5V

16 minutes ago, unforgiven said:

Thanks brother 👍 what about barrel nut? The set came with Aero LPK. Anything wrong with it? So I run a .308 BCG ? 

Barrel nut is with the rail.  .260 Rem is just necked-down .308 Win brass, to the .264" 6.5mm bullet - .308 BCG is what is needs.  Get the ToolCraft .308 Win BCG.  Or get the Aero Precision .308AR BCG - it's the same thing...   :thumbup:

8 minutes ago, unforgiven said:

LaRue for sure it's LPK minus trigger and grip. It will be MBT w/ straight bow. K2+ grip or A peg.

I switched over to just the K2 grip.  Those rubberized K2"+" fuckers start to get weird after a couple years here, in the psycho-heat.  After two "got sticky", I got rid of them. Plastic doesn't melt down here, but rubber turns to shiit.  That ended me on the "+" setup from them.  My $0.02 on those things... 

10 minutes ago, unforgiven said:

I hear ya I have more cold than heat.

You get a couple years of "dik-sweat" on those things, from strokin' yourself so much about how badass the combo is, and the caliber that wrecks everything else, and it'll probably break down that grip, too...  Just warnin' ya now...  :banana:

I'm just sayin'...   :laffs:

So will the .30 cal Brakeout, Rene.  :thumbup:  I've got a couple .30 cal muzzle devices on Grendels, but my brake on the .260 is the VG-6 Gamma 6.5. 

Allen Engineering make their brake for 6.8 cal, but don't advertise it.  Only place I know that keeps it in stock is Precision reflex.  That's so close to 6.5mm it's not even funny, and it will set you up for an Ops Inc/Allen Engineering can. 

https://www.precisionreflex.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=186717&CAT=4212

1 hour ago, unforgiven said:

Wow the barrel is bueatiful, fluted the color comparable to clay found around the area. Then there's the swag love it.

IMG_20190427_162354493.jpg

Got my package from them yesterday, looked the same except I went with grey. The geometry and finish on the feed ramps is art work. I'll be keeping a closer eye on WC's web page for sure. Book looks like it may be useful and a little entertaining. Had a chance at one of his pistols back in 2002, on a job for the state of Arkansas replacing sidewalks in Berryville. Local guy tried to sell me a used Wilson 1911, I didn't know who Bill Wilson was and didn't care,

what kind of sucker pays $600 for a "used" 1911.........:nutkick: