• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

New adventure 6.5 PRC

Bigbull

Well starting another BIG barreled build. This is gonna be a 32 inch 6.5 PRC build! Got a 32 inch x caliber 1x7 5r blanks, I’m making my own 1 3/16 adjustable gas block along with a 21.75 gas tube, I will be going 5.75 + over rifle length on the gas. I have a double ejector bolt I will be opening up to fit the rim of the case. This will definitely be a bench gun 🤣 I’ll be making the muzzle brake also and some other odd end parts.

13EFC168-BC23-4915-A7EA-E8B9E7FE5401.jpeg

Edited by Bigbull
Misspelled

16 hours ago, Bigbull said:

Northern Nevada ,where are you located ?

Just south of Phoenix.  I WISH I had the tools and machines to build my own barrels, man.  I would be living the dream.  :thumbup:

The heaviest-barreled thing I shoot is a .50 BMG bolt action single shot, that a friend has.  That thing is a pig, but it gets it done.  I've got a few "heavy barrel" guns in the inventory, but they're nothing like what you're making.  What you do makes those things look like pencil-profile barrels...  :laffs::hail:

Accuracy pics?  You got anything that shows the accuracy of these super-fat barrels?  I'm sure they do well, but there's been no target pics of date, that I could find.  I'd love to see those.  It's gotta be serious...  :thumbup: