• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Market conditions...

I was always leery of the steel ammo.  Not a factually based opinion but based on internet knowledge.  I'm going to order some steel and shoot it for myself.  I'll get some more brass as well.  I tend to be much too kind to my weapons,  overly so.  I finally took my 45 to the range and ran a couple hundred rounds through it and now the slide loosened up a bit.  I can actually use the slide release as intended,  one thumb release.  Same same for the rifle I guess,  it'll settle in and not act prissy.

On 6/7/2019 at 10:07 AM, unforgiven said:

So the only reason you got the rifle was to shoot people...

No, I bought it for the good practice I'd get from a .308 rifle rather than the 5.56 I already have, but honestly I'm a defensive firearms collector. The 2nd Amendment has NOTHING to do with hunting or mere target practice, and I see no point in pretending.

On 6/7/2019 at 11:34 AM, DNP said:

When needed. 

Which is technically what 2A is all about. The rest of it is just things we do to keep skills up to par.  

I’m not fully defending the post, but it is a consideration is some ways. I do not hope for a war of any kind on our own soil, but I also know that there is always the possibility of that occurring some day. I think the anti’s have it their heads that the world is too civilized for that to ever occur. Even with signs of it all over the globe they feel if they just don’t believe in it, it can’t happen. Nobody would ever attack us and a civil war is impossible. The rest of us or most of us hopefully, know anything is possible. We do not hope or wish for it, but we should be prepared for it.

Some just say it a different way I guess.  

I don't want to see war on US soil anymore than the next guy. Wanting to see that happen just isn't right. But I have watched for the last 25-30 years as our rights have been eroded like a hillside eaten away by hydraulic mining, and I think that ANY freedom-loving American ought to recognize that if we don't do anything, there won't be much in the way of freedom to hand down to our kids/grandchildren, assuming that they don't get totally brainwashed by the leftists in schools. The leftists for the last 50 years have been drooling at the prospect of disarming us so they can put conservatives into concentration death-camps. I know this because of guys like Larry Grathwohl, who have gone inside radical leftist groups to spy on them, and I know because of my own personal conversations with radical leftists where I've lived most of my life, in Gary Indiana. These people are as serious as a massive heart attack. They WANT to kill TENS OF MILLIONS of people who refuse to accept their way of thinking! It's too out-there to not be real; yes truth is stranger than fiction.

If people are that hell-bent on eliminating everyone that disagrees with them (and they're not some tiny minority), then I think it behooves us to be well-armed, well-trained, and well-prepared. Because either we ignore the loonies and deceive ourselves into thinking they'll just 'go away', or we prepare for the day when they will need to be dealt with. Again, I don't want war; but likewise I don't want to stand before my Creator, Almighty GOD, and have to explain to Him why I did nothing to protect and defend the LIBERTY that He gave us all!!