• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Market conditions...

I've ordered several items,  parts, upper and lower,  ammo,  and I have received these things promptly.  I remember not too long ago having a hard time finding LPK's.  Receivers were in short supply and 22's were seemingly about to become currency,  they were so valuable.  How fortunate or lucky have I been lately or is it the market is really that flush?  I'm asking for opinions of course.  I see many sites have a low to nil complete 308's.  I see beaucoup listings followed with out of stock.  Thanks in advance.

My LGS's business has slowed since trump took office, before that they couldn't keep AR's in stock of any make or caliber. Ammo is as cheap as it's been in a long time. the closer we get to election the more business will pick up. Gun shops loved Obama, he was the best gun salesman ever. I'm thinkin if anyone needs ammo or anything gun related, now is the time.

It's going to get ugly in 2020 and maybe before. Things are not going to get any cheaper.

That is until Trump wins in 2020.😁

Agree. If the Dems win the House and Senate and the presidency in 2020, prices will sky rocket between the November election and January inauguration, followed by them going even higher until the Dems enact legislation controlling firearms. Guessing it will end up with a grand father rule, but you never know. Hint: Invest in a good metal detector.

2 hours ago, Sisco said:

Agree. If the Dems win the House and Senate and the presidency in 2020, prices will sky rocket between the November election and January inauguration, followed by them going even higher until the Dems enact legislation controlling firearms. Guessing it will end up with a grand father rule, but you never know. Hint: Invest in a good metal detector.

Got one I had for years, still works good, some stuff I have found. Matter of fact, i'm fixin to hit a civil war battleground area after I eat

SANY4364.thumb.JPG.cf8956a31844b2a354b7935c332a9432.JPGSANY4379.thumb.JPG.7ff3dbf03fb9ae21b7192ebebdace1f9.JPGSANY4369.thumb.JPG.77f48f67e71a6a2db2d9333a9b6322d3.JPGSANY4368.thumb.JPG.93e986dc897bba43d6b398651114b7d6.JPGSANY4366.thumb.JPG.704958f43db3c202e423fde0e3316cad.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Market seems fine to me, just bought my first .308 3 months ago (I know, what took me so long, eh?) and I paid only $750 for my DPMS. Walked into a Dunham's Sports on a lark, saw the rifle, saw the price, and melted my plastic instantly just so I could get that sweet deal. Now I have to start stocking up on 7.62x51 so I'm ready for CW2 when the Commiecrats take over...

1 hour ago, unforgiven said:

So the only reason you got the rifle was to shoot people...

When needed. 

Which is technically what 2A is all about. The rest of it is just things we do to keep skills up to par.  

I’m not fully defending the post, but it is a consideration is some ways. I do not hope for a war of any kind on our own soil, but I also know that there is always the possibility of that occurring some day. I think the anti’s have it their heads that the world is too civilized for that to ever occur. Even with signs of it all over the globe they feel if they just don’t believe in it, it can’t happen. Nobody would ever attack us and a civil war is impossible. The rest of us or most of us hopefully, know anything is possible. We do not hope or wish for it, but we should be prepared for it.

Some just say it a different way I guess.  

1 hour ago, unforgiven said:

So the only reason you got the rifle was to shoot people...

Most generally a self defense rifle is for shooting people. Maybe you have a bear or snake problem but odds are if a living thing is going to harm you it would be a person. As DNP said that is the intended purpose of the 2A.

Getting my .308 was target, hunting , with 2 legged  also in the mix. I get that some people need to be shot. It's just my feeble mind. Just sayin that wasn't my primary focus on selection. A tool that can be used for good or evil... we constantly see what evil does.

There are some that are chomping at the bit for a civil war. To start shooting at other Americans.

I am not. 

I also don't have a problem smoke checking some fuktards.

58 minutes ago, unforgiven said:

Getting my .308 was target, hunting , with 2 legged  also in the mix. I get that some people need to be shot. It's just my feeble mind. Just sayin that wasn't my primary focus on selection. A tool that can be used for good or evil... we constantly see what evil does.

There are some that are chomping at the bit for a civil war. To start shooting at other Americans.

I am not. 

I also don't have a problem smoke checking some fuktards.

:thumbup:

the day we have another civil war will be the first day of our nations descent into a hell none of us can imagine. I don’t wish that on my son, or any of our children.

Eyes front.  So I see market conditions favor the buyer at this moment.  I've seen 556/223 at 29 per.  I may have seen them as low as 27 but that may have been during some sleep.  If I actually find them at 27 I'm getting some, anyone seen it at that price.  That would be the lowest I ever saw them at.

11 minutes ago, RedRiverII said:

Eyes front.  So I see market conditions favor the buyer at this moment.  I've seen 556/223 at 29 per.  I may have seen them as low as 27 but that may have been during some sleep.  If I actually find them at 27 I'm getting some, anyone seen it at that price.  That would be the lowest I ever saw them at.

If you don't reload and don't mind steel case. I've had no problems with this stuff. it does dirty up the barrel more, but I always clean mine after a shoot anyway..18 cents.

https://www.sgammo.com/product/wolf-ammo-sale/1000-rounds-223-rem-55-grain-fmj-wolf-wpa-polyformance-or-military-classic-st