• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Another shooting.

Belt Fed

4 hours ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

A video from WaPo where an employee states "We just kept hearing gunshots.". It kind of negates the opinion article I linked to.

Edited by Armed Eye Doc

3 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

No way he just got that .45, and no way he had time to buy a real suppressor in that timeframe - not with the lead times on NFA shiit right now.

I read an article (and can't find it now) that stated he legally purchased one 45 in 2016 and one in 2018.  It did not mention when the suppressor was aquired.  There were 2 more guns found at his apartment.

Edited by Armed Eye Doc

Interesting news.  I just heard from another source that he used Glock 21.  Times and news like this seems to remain fluid till the dust settles depending on what fits the narrative these days.  

It's true that suppressors are rarely used in situations like this.  Probably because they're not readily available along with the red tape and lengthy wait.  From what I understand though and correct me if I'm wrong.  Before they were regulated, Suppressors and SBR's were used back in the days of Prohibition.  The Mobs and gangsters used them to assassinate their competition so the ATF came up with this idea with a $200 tax stamp.  Back then $200 was a pretty large sum of money in the 1920's.  Lucky for us that price hasn't changed, I wonder sometimes if that fee was adjusted with inflation.

Just now, haewired said:

The Mobs and gangsters used them to assassinate their competition so the ATF came up with this idea with a $200 tax stamp. 

Never seen documentation on that. What I have seen is that they used poaching as a reason. It was the depression and many in rural America were poaching to put meat on the table. They promoted the idea that banning suppressors would make the game wardens job easier. Like most gun control it did nothing, in my neighborhood during the 30's if someone saw a deer it warranted an article in the local paper.