• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Another shooting.

Belt Fed

I’m sorry for all those who lost family and friends.  Another nutcase inflicting as much pain as they can on the world around them in order to make their exit felt.  I hope it was another left wing lunatic, though I’m worried about a few things they mention.

First the suppressor.  (Anti thinking): Those are bad and must be done away with.  People in the building were not alerted to the gunfire.

2- He was armed with many magazines. New anti-gun attack. Can only own one magazine per gun and if you have multiple firearms that accept the same mag, they must all share the single one.  And of course it should only hold 7.5 rounds.

9 minutes ago, DNP said:

I’m worried about a few things they mention.

First the suppressor. 

This isn't gonna go well.  It's not often - it's hardly ever - that NFA Items are used in crimes.

EDIT- found some data on it:

http://www.azgunlaw.com/nfa-myths.html

Registered NFA Firearms are killing machines that are regularly used in crimes.FALSE. This statement is patently false and appears to exist solely for political gain. There are very few documented cases of registered NFA firearms being used to commit crimes. In fact, I am aware of no more than five examples total in the history of the NFA (since 1934) where a registered NFA Firearm was used in the commission of a crime. That means that all six types of NFA firearms combined are used in crimes less than one crime every 15 years! Contrarily, blunt objects (clubs, hammers, etc) are used to murder someone about 500-600 times per year. That is actual murder, not just “used in crimes.”

Edited by 98Z5V

We have the same issue up here with the antis. While most people focus on the tragedy, the antis almost seem to delight in their 'I told you so glee' and then take advantage to further spread false information to further their agenda.

An example on 23 April 2018 a person used a rental van and killed 10 people and injured 15 other people in Toronto.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronto_van_attack

Then on the 22nd July 2018 also in Toronto a person with a handgun killed 2 people and injured 13. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_Toronto_shooting

I think we can all agree that both these incidents are tragic yet without going into a lot of background guess which incident was used to blame an inanimate object? While it seems acceptable to label gun owners with a broad brush based on the actions of one or two peoples action we are told after an attack it is wrong to blame a whole group (race,religion) of  people for the actions of a few.

Within a month the van killing was no longer a news item and it was the 'actions of a trouble' person, while for month later the shooting was used to run stories and editorials about how guns are evil.

More people in Canada and even Toronto are aware of the shooting then of the van attack primarily in that the antis dance on the graves of the victims to promote their agenda with no real interest in actually trying to solve the real problem.

2 minutes ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

More people in Canada and even Toronto are aware of the shooting then of the van attack primarily in that the antis dance on the graves of the victims to promote their agenda with no real interest in actually trying to solve the real problem.

Identical situation south of your border, brother. Identical.  They don't want to solve anything - they just want to create "subjects." 

Edited by 98Z5V

I have a feeling that center of uranus attached a solvent trap to the muzzle and threaded on a oil filter.  From what it sounds like he just recently purchased a 1911 so if he purchased the suppressor at the same time I doubt he received it by now unless he planned this over 9 months ago.  

12 months now?  That's a long time to wait these days.  I own three suppressors and the shortest time I ever had to wait was 4 months.  Just my personal theory that the bad guy made a home made suppressor.  Plenty of information on it on the web.

6 hours ago, haewired said:

I have a feeling that center of uranus attached a solvent trap to the muzzle and threaded on a oil filter.  From what it sounds like he just recently purchased a 1911 so if he purchased the suppressor at the same time I doubt he received it by now unless he planned this over 9 months ago.  

^^^   This is a very valid point.  I hope the real details come out, and it was an illegal suppressor - so we can comment back at the bullshiit lies the politicians tell about this one, and about suppressors... 

20 hours ago, Belt Fed said:

What is wrong with people now, what possesses a person to just want to kill innocent people.

The mainstream media is THE biggest cause of this phenomenon! They have sensationalized this crap so much that it is now the go to method for these azzholes to act out! Seriously!

18 hours ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

Within a month the van killing was no longer a news item and it was the 'actions of a trouble' person, while for month later the shooting was used to run stories and editorials about how guns are evil.

And the mainstream media is instrumental propagating this!

1 hour ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

That's a very dangerous article - and I'm sure that the WaPo planned it that way.  Details on this "suppressor" that the guy had need to come out, and fast.  No way he just got that .45, and no way he had time to buy a real suppressor in that timeframe - not with the lead times on NFA shiit right now.

This situation is so completely fucked, it's not even funny.  This is some scary shiit that the MSM will jump all over - and has already, by that bullshiit article. You can tell that was very finely thought about and crafted - for a specific purpose.  WaPo knew exactly what they were doing with that article.

We're fucked, men, if the details on that "suppressor" don't come out. 

2 hours ago, 392heminut said:

The mainstream media is THE biggest cause of this phenomenon! They have sensationalized this crap so much that it is now the go to method for these azzholes to act out! Seriously!

And the mainstream media is instrumental propagating this!

The current party in government here in Canada here has announced a $600M  media industry bailout . The government says it will be transparent and non partisan yet one of the stakeholders involved in allocation of money is Unifor( Canadian union that was Canadian Autoworkers Union) which has publicly come out and said they would do everything in their power to fight the Conservative Party( currently leading in the polls as we approach a federal election)

But hey I'm sure a financial battered industry will not be influenced by the promise of bailout money 

1 hour ago, jtallen83 said:

We are just fuk'd period, at least until we fuk back.................. this process can only move forward, we can slow it but that will only make it worse, better to just get the pendulum headed the other way as soon as possible. LIBERTY FIRST!

I agree, I said that on another site and more or less got called an idiot for wishing for it. Something has got to give and I ain't planning on giving up nothing.