• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Stuck cases 300wsm,trouble shoot more or convert to 6.5

andrewtac

5 hours ago, survivalshop said:

It may be the photo , but it looks like there is a good bit of wear on the Upper Receiver where the Carrier Key is riding at the top of the Upper Receivers Channel ?

That might only be possible if it's a side-charger.  If it has a charging handle, the carrier key is always inside the charging handle groove, and never comes close to the channel in the upper.

22 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

That might only be possible if it's a side-charger.  If it has a charging handle, the carrier key is always inside the charging handle groove, and never comes close to the channel in the upper.

I should have explained it better , I was referring to the area , as if the Carrier Key is forcing the CH up against it & yes I know the CH is between the Key & Upper Receiver .

I guess I should clarify the above statement also , If there is any pressure of the Carrier Key against the CH when BCG reciprocates , it will throw the Timing of the Action way out of wack & should show up on the under side of the CH , where the Key resides . WE all know or should know, that the CH does not cycle with the BCG & the CH is manually operated by the shooter .

I would like to see the under, inside of the CH where the Carrier Key resides , but as I said , it could be just the photo & may not have any wear marks. Some ( CH ) have Pad on the top front of the CH , & of course the guide ears along the sides .I have two loose LR CH's that have no raised pad up front , but a AR 15 one I have does have the front pad , but none of them show much wear other then the Guide Ears & some along the thin rails of the Channel cut out for the Key , As do the Upper Receivers , very little Upper Receiver wear where the CH rides , except where the Guide Ears ride.

This Rifle has a low round count & unless there is some fitment issue , I can't see where there should be much wear .

Edited by survivalshop

I am here boys 😱

have not gone through the thread yet ... just looked at pictures!!!

First ...“Orface “ errrr ejection port on the upper receiver needs to be wider about 2-3mm larger than the brass case !!!!!

Next ... take the bolt out , then place a round in it and take a picture. Top and side views . Post it I will check this thread tomorrow !

Mike H

• 2 weeks later...

So I got irritated and impatient and bought parts to make it a 6.5. I gave up on the 300.  Anyways, not much wear on the CH.  The pic of the upper was with the flash on, made it look like excessive wear.  Not a side charger.

I am back in the States, still on call and not quite on an off day yet, might be at home tomorrow.  Everything should arrive and if I have daylight I'll shoot.  Got a Faxon 20" and Rainier bolt, headspace done by Rainier, new adjustable has block for the stop, and replacement bolt stop.  I'll start a new thread with results.