• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Cerakoted, pink selectors

The new FDE, 98Z5V will be thrilled

I've been seriously considering a pink-gun build, as a range loaner.  <dontknow> <laughs>  Anybody visits, wants to go shoot - they get the pink gun, and pics get taken (of course).  Just the availability of a pink BADASS makes me want to do it even more, and it honestly probably just pushed me over the edge here.  I ain't kidding.  In the least.  <dontknow> <lmao>

I've been seriously considering a pink-gun build, as a range loaner.  <dontknow> <laughs>  Anybody visits, wants to go shoot - they get the pink gun, and pics get taken (of course).  Just the availability of a pink BADASS makes me want to do it even more, and it honestly probably just pushed me over the edge here.  I ain't kidding.  In the least.  <dontknow> <lmao>

Translation: 98Z5V is in touch with his femanine side and is dying to display it proudly.

This public service message brought to you by the sexual awareness and deviation dept of 308AR.com "Why play for one team when you can play for both"

Translation: 98Z5V is in touch with his femanine side and is dying to display it proudly.

This public service message brought to you by the sexual awareness and deviation dept of 308AR.com "Why play for one team when you can play for both"

:o

Well Tom, I'd have never guessed it, but we will support you no matter what, because we love you. YOU GO GIRL!!!  <laughs> <lmao>

<munch>

This message brought to you by the Sexual Identity Crisis Board of Counselors

Figures I'm visiting you next.  :o

And I'll probably have it built by then...  <dontknow>  I'm averaging about two weeks from "decision time" to zeroing on targets...  ;D

I already have the lower, too (three spares right now), so everything else can come straight to me in the mail.  If I go this route, you won't be the first to shoot it, brother, so that has to be some kinda consolation.  <laughs> 

I'll build one regardless - the girls I know will shoot it, and the option won't be available for my "visitors," especially if I'm supplying them with the gun AND ammo...  <thumbsup> <laughs>

I'll be calling you very soon about this, as well as the next 6 or so levers I need to complete the rest of my collection.  My last order got me 1/2 way there.  I love you guys.  ;D

I will admit, I am probably older than a lot of the crowd here, so my perceptions on a few things may differ.  I went through my basic at Fort Bragg in the mid 70's, and was fortunate to have a cadre of fine Special Forces NCO's and officers with significant combat time.  I knew how to shoot and handle firearms - my dad made sure of that starting at age 5.  But they made me better.  Much better.  One thing that has stuck with me is that there is the shooting technique the Army wants to see, and then there is the technique that works for you.  They are very similar, but we are all built differently, have different wiring, etc., so one man's winning style is another's Barney Fife.

So it is with great interest that I observe the rather unorthodox technique displayed by these two ladies.    Let me start by saying I am very heartened to see young women enjoying shooting sports.  And that 98Z5V keeps the company of heartbreakers!  <thumbsup>

But the technique...

I can only ASSume that 98Z5V has passed on some of what he learned and adapted for his own methods.  In the first picture, though, well, that's some flexibility right there.  Are they now teaching ballet in basic?  I would try that during my next range visit, but only with an ambulance on standby.  But if it works, doesn't matter how I look.  Camp Perry here I come!

The second picture is really my favorite.  A three point base anchrrrored by the balls of both feet and an elbow on the knee, perfectly perpendicular.  That left foot flexed in a way that my old bones don't move.  I am impressed. 

I am wondering just how 98Z5V teaches that????  Can you help a brother out with two blown out repaired knees (one with no ACL left), two repaired achilles, and other various maladies wrought by a lifetime of bodily abuse and a very misspent youth?  Just from looking at the picture, it occurred to me that walking around in high heels might help with stretching the ligaments and tendons in the proper position.  If so, what height of heel is optimal for that training?  Is there a version available to support a 6'1" 275 pound frame? 

Seriously though, way to go! 

2011-05-01_12-48-02_203.jpg

2011-05-01_12-51-41_877.jpg

Well, they're sisters, so it's in the bloodlines...  <thumbsup>  All I try to teach them is to have a solid base to shoot from, and it might not always be optimum, so you have to adapt.  Get 'em back about 50 yards, and have them try to shoot the smallest group they can. 

That first pic, the poor girl was handed a 16" stainless bull barreled gun with a heavy suppressor and a magnified optic - she figured out pretty quick the best way to stabilize it to cut down on the scope wiggle.  Second pic, she realized that she wasn't hitting worth a damn at 50 yards from the offhand, and she got down and got stabile.  They both just started shooting about 6 months ago, and they're getting pretty damn good.  ;D <thumbsup>

You should see how accurate they are in the prone...  <munch>

We wuv you guys too :)  We gave you group buy pricing I hope?  I can't remember :)

I'll build one regardless - the girls I know will shoot it, and the option won't be available for my "visitors," especially if I'm supplying them with the gun AND ammo...  <thumbsup> <laughs>

I'll be calling you very soon about this, as well as the next 6 or so levers I need to complete the rest of my collection.  My last order got me 1/2 way there.  I love you guys.  ;D

We wuv you guys too :)  We gave you group buy pricing I hope?  I can't remember :)

Most definitely.  <thumbsup>  Probably simetime next week, I'll get another order together.  I still need a few more, plus the new pink one.  ;D