• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Aero Precision UPK, LPK

Albroswift

Went with the Aero  kits on most recent build, AR308 UPK and M5 MOE lower kit, When building the bottom end there was no set screw for the bolt catch, but there was an extra roll pin. Has an extra screw in the parts bin, finished up the lower, started on the upper, low and behold, screw for the BC was in that package but the roll pin for the forward assist was missing. So they include the FA roll pin in the LPK and the screw for the BC in the UPK. That only works if you buy both kits, otherwise there would  be some cussing. 

20575.thumb.jpeg.7504816087658e2bce5929b898b67636.jpeg

@Albroswift, the newest Aero uppers and lowers are threaded for set screws for both the bolt catch, and the forward assist.  Both platforms are this way.  Set screws hold in the bolt catch on the lower, and the forward assist on the upper, both M4E1 and M5E1 sets; they don't have to be the "enhanced" sets for this feature.  The set screws are included with the upper or lower, or both if you buy a set - already threaded in there.

10 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

@Albroswift, the newest Aero uppers and lowers are threaded for set screws for both the bolt catch, and the forward assist.  Both platforms are this way.  Set screws hold in the bolt catch on the lower, and the forward assist on the upper, both M4E1 and M5E1 sets; they don't have to be the "enhanced" sets for this feature.  The set screws are included with the upper or lower, or both if you buy a set - already threaded in there.

That makes sense, except:

They gave me a forward assist sized roll pin in the LPK but no BC set screw. 

I guess I could take the time to read the description of what I am ordering or look at the pictures, although they don't always agree...

On the lower kit they say "Bolt Catch Roll Pin ans show a picture of a roll pin, on the upper kit they say a "Forward Assist Roll Pin" but show picture of set screw.

Includes:

• Magpul MOE® Grip in Black or FDE
  • *M5 (.308) Takedown Pin
  • *M5 (.308) Pivot Pin
  • Takedown/Pivot Detent
  • Takedown/Pivot Spring
  • *M5 (.308) Bolt Catch
  • Bolt Catch Buffer
  • Bolt Catch Roll Pin
  • Bolt Catch Spring
  • *Extended Magazine Catch Button
  • Magazine Catch Body
  • Magazine Catch Spring
  • Buffer Retainer
  • Buffer Retainer Spring
  • Safety Selector
  • Safety Selector Spring
  • Safety Selector Detent
  • 4-40 Set Screw (for threaded takedown pin detent hole)
  • Trigger
  • Hammer
  • Trigger Spring
  • Trigger/Hammer Pins
  • Hammer Spring
  • Disconnector
  • Disconnector Spring

aprh100249c-m5-enhanced-lpk_1.thumb.jpg.e2954b09da345f0114cc06c4c6c4be47.jpg

Our upper parts kit includes the parts you need to assemble your M5 (.308) Upper Receiver.

Includes:

• Forward Assist Assembly
  • Forward Assist Spring
  • Forward Assist Roll Pin
  • Ejection Port Cover Door
  • Ejection Port Cover Rod
  • Ejection Port Cover Spring

aprh101237-m5-upper-parts-kit-1_1.thumb.jpg.8fbd21d97a564a95219052b6f5d5fdba.jpg

Fortunately my upper takes a roll pin and lower takes a set screw so I needed one of each  anyway.