• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Bullet Buttons

DNP

Any states still ok with the use of a regular old bullet button?  They’re no good here anymore and I have 4-5 Of them new in box. If they work for you, and your state is still ok with them...shoot me a message. I’m breaking the rules and don’t have a photo, or a price. I just want them to go somewhere other than the trash. 

Edited by DNP

Please forgive the silly questions.  Weren't bullet buttons Cali's great idea to make it harder for criminals to change their illegally acquired magazines in their illegally acquired AR15s during their illegal activity?  You had to push a special mag release with the tip of a bullet or some such pointy object to get the magazine to drop?  Then the state improved on that great idea by ruling that magazines could not detach at all?   Sorry for the derail right out of the box.  

WI may have butt chilling winters but at least most of our gun laws make sense right now. (As much as can be expected)

Yep. They can detach, but you either have to be featureless, or you have to separate the lower from the upper by at least the rear pin and rotate forward on the front. I’m installing Hellfighters that do just that for the moment and these old school bullet buttons no longer meet the laws. They’re trash, but I figure there might be another state that is currently at our previous level of stupidity they would work for. If not, off to the garbage. To be clear, I’m offering these free of charge. I’ll mail them to you. 

the downside to the new law is you have to close the bolt before you can separate the lower to remove the mag. This actually creates a dangerous situation for the user because there are certain jams that require you to drop the mag. How do you separate a lower with the bolt back even a smidge?  I think first you remove the stock and buffer tube...but wait, the bolt doesn’t fit through the threads for the buffer tube. Scratch that...maybe I can poke a stick in there and pry the rounds out?  Dumbest solution ever and I hope I’m the first guy to lose a finger trying to follow their laws. Gotta be an attorney out there somewhere who would take the case. 

8 hours ago, DNP said:

the downside to the new law is you have to close the bolt before you can separate the lower to remove the mag. This actually creates a dangerous situation for the user because there are certain jams that require you to drop the mag. How do you separate a lower with the bolt back even a smidge?  I think first you remove the stock and buffer tube...but wait, the bolt doesn’t fit through the threads for the buffer tube. Scratch that...maybe I can poke a stick in there and pry the rounds out?  Dumbest solution ever and I hope I’m the first guy to lose a finger trying to follow their laws. Gotta be an attorney out there somewhere who would take the case. 

Good point - you get into a Bolt Over-Ride - the WORST of all true Double-Feeds - and you can't clear it, OR get the gun apart...

3 minutes ago, DNP said:

I like the pull both pins approach. We’ll have to get some shiit stuck and see.  

I've created bolt over-rides, to teach clearing them.  We can do that.  Easy.  :thumbup: